Pand Hotel Small Luxury Hotel
Die Swaene(Bruges)
  • Pool
  • Bar/Lounge
1,340 results
All reviewsjunior suiteglass of champagnechampagne breakfastcharming roomfour poster bedeggs cookedjacuzzi bathfree walking tourchocolate moussebreakfast roomquiet streetsmall barperfect locationwonderful hotellounge areasitting roomturn down service
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 17 June 2014

This hotel is in a great location a few short blocks from the Market Square and the quiet street is opposite a canal. We had a lovely room with a tiny balcony, but the major drawback for me was the carpet was really dirty -- spots, spills, yuck. For a luxury hotel it is very surprising. Desk staff were pleasant but cool and not particularly friendly. We didn't eat breakfast at the hotel as we thought it was too expensive, opting instead to walk over to the Market Square and sit outside for breakfast.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Marilyn F
Reviewed 15 June 2014

My partner and I stayed in this hotel in March 2014 and absolutely loved our stay. We arrived a little early and our room was ready so were able to check in, drop our stuff off and head out. The room was decadent, very clean and the bathroom was stunning. The bath was huge as was the sink area. The room itself was fairly small, but we weren't planning on spending our break in the room so it was big enough for our purposes. There was a lovely touch of chocolates on the pillows along with a 'good night' card letting you know what the weather forecast was for the next day. We didn't have a drink in the bar but it looked lovely - we just wanted to spend our time in the town and seeing what that had to offer otherwise would've had a drink there.

We booked breakfast for one morning, which was 19 euros each so we thought we'd treat ourselves for one morning, and we were so glad that we did. Breakfast was so good. We had champagne, juice, tea and coffee, lovely artisan breads, jams, cheeses, hams, eggs cooked to your order in the aga, the list could go on and it was all served to us. The service for breakfast, and in the hotel in general, was fantastic, the staff were so pleasant and friendly. The only thing I would say which has just come to mind, is that I wasn't convinced that the airconditioning was working properly but my partner thought it was working fine - but that is really the only thing.

The location was unbelievably perfect. The hotel is on a side street which was an avenue with trees and is in the centre right by the river.

I can't praise this hotel enough. It will be the only place we choose to stay if we go back to bruges and have already recommended it to everyone we know who want to go. You won't be disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 June 2014

I recently stayed at the Pand Hotel in Bruges, and loved the experience! I had a great room, looking over the rooftops of other buildings, and heard the church bells and birds sing every morning. The breakfast was wonderful, sitting area quite lovely, and the location within an easy walk to the main Markt. The staff was most helpful, I will definately stay again.

Room Tip: Higher room had lovely views of the other area buildings.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 June 2014

I stayed with my best friend for one night over the Bank Holiday weekend. We wanted somewhere that served a champagne breakfast!

I had stayed here 14 years ago with my partner and found it very romantic. However this time I needed twin beds. I enquired with the hotel and they explained only certain rooms can be made up in this way. I opted for a charming room and we were given the Burberry (decorated with Burberry design fabrics).

The location is second to none - steps from the underground car park and steps from the canal, but on a quiet street.

When we arrived we were not able to check in straight away - we were early - but the staff took our bags and we had a little walk around for half an hour. When we came back the bags were in our room and we were given information on what to see and invited on a free walking tour organised by the hotel.

Our room was small, but very comfortable. The bathroom had a small bath with whirlpool jets and a shower over. the bathroom was no more than 2 metres square - if that! The windows looked to the back of the hotel and the air conditioning was great.

Breakfast was wonderful - champagne, pastries, chees, ham, bread, chocolate, cereal, fruit, eggs done as you like on the AGA in the dining room. The staff were all fantastic and made us feel special.

There is a lovely lounge and bar which are very well decorated and appointed. The building is old and quirky, hence small room sizes, so if you are particular about needing space you should ask or upgrade to get what you need so you won't be disappointed. It is not cheap by any means, but for a special treat it is excellent value.

My friend and I really enjoyed our stay and I will return with my partner next time for some romance!

I

Room Tip: The Burberry on 1st floor looks towards the back and the rooftops. Very quiet.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 June 2014

We had a lovely 2 night stay at this excellent hotel. Our suite was nicely decorated, very comfortable and had a very relaxing spa bath in the bathroom.The staff were welcoming, helpful and efficient. The breakfast (extra charge) was delicious, Overall, we were very impressed.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple