“Lovely hotel / fantastic location”
Review of NH Brugge

NH Brugge
Ranked #35 of 97 Hotels in Bruges
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Stayed at the NH Brugge at the beginning of July 2014 for 2 nights. I was looking for a nice hotel and city to take my wife to for her 30th birthday and the NH Brugge and Brugge didn't dissapoint. Friendly staff, great location, nice rooms with the most comfortable beds. Tired from a days sightseeing we opted to stay in the first night and ordered room service. Food was delicious and washed down with a nice bottle of wine from the mini bar. Some reviews have said that the hotel looks old and worn, I disagree and believe if anything it adds to the character of the hotel. I really did fall in love with Brugge during my weekend spent there and I am already planning on visiting again. The NH Brugge will definitely be an option when choosing accomodation.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Nathio80
Write a ReviewReviews (2,423)

Reviewed 19 August 2014

The location of this hotel is excellent. T'Zand may not be in the main sightseeing area but it is very close. You are very near to the bus station, sitting below you is a major underground car park and the railway station is about a ten minute walk away. I come to Brugge usually every 12 to 18 months and this has been my choice of hotel for several years.
However there are some small things that need a little bit of thought. First I came with my wife to stay for two nights. We booked a Deluxe Room with a Queen Size bed. The room we were given at first glance looked fine though the view was of a flat roof and building. However I was somewhat surprised to find that the bathroom had sliding doors with plain glass panels. Possibly I am very fussy but I tend to favour a little privacy. I asked for a change which was dealt with very well. However we ended up in a room with two double beds but with a bathroom that offered the usual privacy I was used to at this hotel.
I wonder if the hotel is on an economy drive because we were provided with one small bar of glycerin soap. Possibly we wash our hands a lot but the small soap bar was virtually gone after a few uses. A second one would be the answer. Also the room provides facial tissue. However my wife removed a carefully folded tissue and viola that was it - one tissue, no more in the box and no spare! I have noted at competing hotels that a complimentary bottle of water is usually offered but not here. However the tea/coffee facilities are a plus but coffee creamer is the provided rather than milk which is better for making tea. The TV is very good with Dutch, French, English and German speaking stations on offer.
Breakfast is the usual buffet and there was a good level of choice. However a plus for many visitors is the hot section. No sausages on offer but there was lots of very hard bacon to chew on. A plus was a gluten free section, but it was positioned in a corner of the buffet area that was hard to access.
Overall this is a nice hotel, helpful staff and well located. However for a hotel of this standard it needs to pay a little more attention to detail. I will probably be back in December as this remains a good hotel to choose.

Room Tip: I would avoid 223 unless you are not too fussy about a clear glass door entry to the en-suite facili...
1  Thank shark127
Reviewed 18 August 2014

Yes it is old, but looks like they have been updating since some of the pictures were taken. Very clean also. When we were there they were remodeling the elevators. We found I our beds to be very comfortable and the room very quiet. Carpet, drapes and furnishing were new and of high quality. The bathroom tile was also new. The breakfast buffet was outstanding! Very fresh breads, many juice choices, expression machine and cereal choices with toppings along with hot choices like eggs, bacon etc. a short walk to the older museum section and across the street from the Zand many restaurants. I will add the walk to the market place was along a street lined with many interesting shops including many chocolatiers. Would stay here again when in town.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank jartraveler01
Reviewed 13 August 2014

Excellent hotel all round. The facilities and the friendliness of staff were second to none. The breakfast was very good and the bar prices were reasonable. My only criticism was the air conditioning could have been a little better.

Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels
1  Thank Nigel C
Reviewed 11 August 2014

Enjoyed my stay at the hotel.....no complaints, breakfast was fantastic, bed extremely comfortable and all seemed very clean.Slight confusion about obtaining ice for drinks in room but then realised there was an ice room to obtain it from,which was great idea!! I would return!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Greenjuju
Reviewed 8 August 2014

I've just come back from a fabulous 3 day city break in Brugge with my wife and some friends. The hotel was booked through Eurostar and was one of the few left available when we booked 10 days prior to the trip, so was not sure if its availability was a bad sign or not? However, we were all delighted with the hotel and its location. We travelled over on Eurostar from Ashford Intl and then a connecting train from Brussels to Bruges. The hotel is a leisurely 10 minute walk from the train station and then a leisurely 15 minute stroll to get to the Markt (the market square in the centre). The Zand (an open promenade with restaurants and bars lining the edge of town) right on the doorstep. The hotel itself is a great mixture of traditional and contemporary design on the inside, having been converted from a 17th Century monastery. We arrived just before midday and were able to check-in early which allowed us to dump our bags and head into the city centre for lunch. The staff were courteous and helpful and the check in took all of 5 minutes. The rooms are of a high standard with a modern-ish decor with traditional details. The bathrooms were clean and well maintained. Both our rooms (one on the ground floor, the other on the first floor) had 2 double beds with fresh white bed linen and there were safes inbuilt into the wardrobes. As mentioned above, the location was ideal, very quiet at night and easy to navigate into town and back. The buffet breakfast in the morning was excellent with a wide variety to suit every taste with various baked breads and pastries, continental cheese and meats, warm food (bacon, mushrooms, eggs) as well as fruits, a variety of cereals, juices and hot drinks. Again, the staff were attentive but not imposing. Bruges is a beautiful city, which we will definitely be returning too later in the year for the Christmas markets. We already know where we will be staying!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Borneo-Bob
Reviewed 8 August 2014

Just returned from a three night stay in this excellent hotel.
I had telephoned ahead for directions from the station and so had no trouble finding the hotel which is an excellent position approximately midway between the station and the town centre.
Upon arrival we received a warm and informative greeting from the reception staff and given a map of the town and various sites pointed out to us.
The room and bathroom were spotless but the only blot on the landscape was the fact that when we returned to the hotel the next night our room had not been cleaned or the beds made.
Unfortunately there were no maid staff available so we had to move to the room next door which was mildly inconvenient although we were offered a glass of wine each on the house.
Breakfast was surprisingly good if only for the fact that it is unusual to receive a hot cooked breakfast in Europe and there was plenty of choice for all tastes.
Check out was smooth and as we were going to Brussels to catch the Eurostar back to London, the receptionist offered us lots of advice on how to spend our spare time there before our train left.
In conclusion thouroughlly recomended - just ensure your room is made up in time