“Brugge viewed”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Bexleyheath, United Kingdom
“Brugge viewed”
Reviewed 27 August 2014

I went with a friend to Bruge and stayed at NH Brugge Hotel. First impression was very dark and miserable. It definitely needs an update. The hotel overall is not too bad but is let down by the decor. Our room was very spacious and, as we had requested, we got a twin bedded room. The staff were very helpful and the hotel is situated close to the main square. The breakfast was included in the deal which was extremely good. We couldn't fault the hotel, or the location really, as it was good value for money but certainly we wouldn't stay for longer than 4 nights, three night would have been better.

Room Tip: Telephone hotel before departing to ensure what accommodation you would get
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Trish2626

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (168)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Our family stayed here during our pre Christmas break in Bruges. We loved it. The staff were amazing. Breakfast was spectacular. The bar was warm and welcoming.

The hotel is perfectly located in the middle of Bruges.

We will be back.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Chessington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2014

I surprised my husband with a stay here for his birthday. I think I enjoyed it more than him! Brugge is one of the best cities I have ever visited and the NH Brugge was an excellent stay.
The location was great and aided us in seeing most of Brugge during our weekend there.
Our room was huge and I loved the modern decor. The bed, and particularly the pillows, were SUPER comfortable and I would definitely return if the opportunity came up.
Staff on the front desk were very friendly and were always available to help.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Brugge.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights and found the location to be excellent, near to everything in central Brugge. The hotel is a perfect choice and bedrooms were huge. Breakfast was also nice with plenty of choice.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2014

Stayed at the NH Brugge at the beginning of July 2014 for 2 nights. I was looking for a nice hotel and city to take my wife to for her 30th birthday and the NH Brugge and Brugge didn't dissapoint. Friendly staff, great location, nice rooms with the most comfortable beds. Tired from a days sightseeing we opted to stay in the first night and ordered room service. Food was delicious and washed down with a nice bottle of wine from the mini bar. Some reviews have said that the hotel looks old and worn, I disagree and believe if anything it adds to the character of the hotel. I really did fall in love with Brugge during my weekend spent there and I am already planning on visiting again. The NH Brugge will definitely be an option when choosing accomodation.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Nathio80
Shoreham-by-Sea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 August 2014

The location of this hotel is excellent. T'Zand may not be in the main sightseeing area but it is very close. You are very near to the bus station, sitting below you is a major underground car park and the railway station is about a ten minute walk away. I come to Brugge usually every 12 to 18 months and this has been my choice of hotel for several years.
However there are some small things that need a little bit of thought. First I came with my wife to stay for two nights. We booked a Deluxe Room with a Queen Size bed. The room we were given at first glance looked fine though the view was of a flat roof and building. However I was somewhat surprised to find that the bathroom had sliding doors with plain glass panels. Possibly I am very fussy but I tend to favour a little privacy. I asked for a change which was dealt with very well. However we ended up in a room with two double beds but with a bathroom that offered the usual privacy I was used to at this hotel.
I wonder if the hotel is on an economy drive because we were provided with one small bar of glycerin soap. Possibly we wash our hands a lot but the small soap bar was virtually gone after a few uses. A second one would be the answer. Also the room provides facial tissue. However my wife removed a carefully folded tissue and viola that was it - one tissue, no more in the box and no spare! I have noted at competing hotels that a complimentary bottle of water is usually offered but not here. However the tea/coffee facilities are a plus but coffee creamer is the provided rather than milk which is better for making tea. The TV is very good with Dutch, French, English and German speaking stations on offer.
Breakfast is the usual buffet and there was a good level of choice. However a plus for many visitors is the hot section. No sausages on offer but there was lots of very hard bacon to chew on. A plus was a gluten free section, but it was positioned in a corner of the buffet area that was hard to access.
Overall this is a nice hotel, helpful staff and well located. However for a hotel of this standard it needs to pay a little more attention to detail. I will probably be back in December as this remains a good hotel to choose.

Room Tip: I would avoid 223 unless you are not too fussy about a clear glass door entry to the en-suite facili...
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank shark127
eden prairie
Reviewed 18 August 2014 via mobile

Yes it is old, but looks like they have been updating since some of the pictures were taken. Very clean also. When we were there they were remodeling the elevators. We found I our beds to be very comfortable and the room very quiet. Carpet, drapes and furnishing were new and of high quality. The bathroom tile was also new. The breakfast buffet was outstanding! Very fresh breads, many juice choices, expression machine and cereal choices with toppings along with hot choices like eggs, bacon etc. a short walk to the older museum section and across the street from the Zand many restaurants. I will add the walk to the market place was along a street lined with many interesting shops including many chocolatiers. Would stay here again when in town.

Stayed August 2014