“very good”

GreenLeadersBronze level
Marbella, Spain
“very good”
Reviewed 31 August 2014 via mobile

location is very convenient to walk around most of the attractions in the city centre

breakfast is very good with many options

service is with a smile and staff serving us was very helpful

parking available nearby as the hotel doesn't have any

Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (171)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Somerset, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 August 2014

Clean hotel, situated not far from centre, breakfast what you expect on the continent BUT if they offer you a big room in the old part be warned the room may be big but the bed is a fold out drop down from the wall bed and although it h it has a mattress topper it is very uncomfortable!!!

• Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with NH Hotels

Malvern, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2014

I would concur with a lot of other reviewers. The location is very good indeed and on the whole this is a comfortable place to be. The slightly older feel goes well with the town; I imagine many of the rooms have by now been refurbished. We found our bathroom in need of some repair: a cracked sink, very tired fittings, a little rusty, hard to use the stopper for the bath and so on. But all this paled into insignificance compared with the lavish size of the room. What a difference it makes to have space! A huge bed as well. Also, there was plenty of very hot water and good facilities, though I agree that milk would be nice rather than cream for us Brits who like tea.
I think it's a matter of luck who's on reception. We had a nasty moment towards the start of our break. I realised I'd lost the holiday file with return tickets and so on: we both searched, wondered where it could have gone, and felt some distress before my husband suggested contacting reception. It was there: I'd left it there on checking in: but the man on reception didn't think to contact us or in any way let us know, which I found disturbing.
Breakfast fairly indifferent: there is something tired about hotel breakfasts on the continent, particularly the cooked stuff, for which there is little enthusiasm I suspect amongst the cooks. Normally they wouldn't do bacon and egg for themselves. But the variety was there.

Room Tip: I suspect some rooms have been more refurbished than others. Worth checking the bathrooms.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled as a couple
Bexleyheath, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2014

I went with a friend to Bruge and stayed at NH Brugge Hotel. First impression was very dark and miserable. It definitely needs an update. The hotel overall is not too bad but is let down by the decor. Our room was very spacious and, as we had requested, we got a twin bedded room. The staff were very helpful and the hotel is situated close to the main square. The breakfast was included in the deal which was extremely good. We couldn't fault the hotel, or the location really, as it was good value for money but certainly we wouldn't stay for longer than 4 nights, three night would have been better.

Room Tip: Telephone hotel before departing to ensure what accommodation you would get
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Trish2626
Birmingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2014

Our family stayed here during our pre Christmas break in Bruges. We loved it. The staff were amazing. Breakfast was spectacular. The bar was warm and welcoming.

The hotel is perfectly located in the middle of Bruges.

We will be back.

Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Chessington, United Kingdom
Reviewed 27 August 2014

I surprised my husband with a stay here for his birthday. I think I enjoyed it more than him! Brugge is one of the best cities I have ever visited and the NH Brugge was an excellent stay.
The location was great and aided us in seeing most of Brugge during our weekend there.
Our room was huge and I loved the modern decor. The bed, and particularly the pillows, were SUPER comfortable and I would definitely return if the opportunity came up.
Staff on the front desk were very friendly and were always available to help.
I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Brugge.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Liverpool, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

We stayed here for 2 nights and found the location to be excellent, near to everything in central Brugge. The hotel is a perfect choice and bedrooms were huge. Breakfast was also nice with plenty of choice.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple