All reviewsgarden roomfree tea and coffeequiet gardenchocolate fountainlovely shopsthe main hotelbed linengood sizebruges stationbefore christmasfresh breadboutique hotelfriendly hotelhuge bedbreakfast was excellentwould recommend this hotel to anyonemain attractions
Reviewed 13 September 2010

We recently stayed at the Hotel Montanus on a city break in Bruges. We booked everything through Air Miles, so got a discount on the hotel (£220 for 3 nights). This made the hotel very good value.

The hotel was very well located in the centre of Bruges, but still very quiet. It is only 5 minutes walk from the main sites. If the weather is good, there is a really nice suntrap in the back garden, where you can relax after a hard days sightseeing (with complimentary tea and coffee available all day).

We had one of the cheaper rooms in the main building, but the room was clean and nicely decorated, and came with a free bag of Belgian sweets and chocolates (never a bad thing!)

Good continental breakfast, but also included some hot food and a chocolate fountain, complete with waffles and marshmallows!

We would recommend this hotel as a good base for seeing Bruges.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 September 2010

This is a really good hotel not far from the main square in bruges. The rooms are lovely and spacious. The breakfast is very good with a choice of several meats and cheeses, yoghurt, cereals etc. Then there was scrambled eggs, bacon and sausages. The staff are pleasant and ther eis a lovely garden at the rear to sit in. It also has a bar with a wide selections of drinks.If i return to bruges and that is a possibility then this will be the hotel for me.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 August 2010

The Montanus is a lovely spacious hotel. Formally a large house, the lounge and bar are very comfortable. There are a choice of rooms in the main building or the garden. Breafast is good, but the overall impression you are left with is how welcome the staff make you feel. All you would expect from a Bruges hotel. Plenty of parking at a nominal charge. Walk to the centrum for dinner and then walk back to the hotel along moonlit canals. I will be returning this year.

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 11 August 2010

stayed for 4 days recently. very clean, extremely helpfull staff. very good breakfast. quite rooms. the hotel is very close to the centre of Brugges. good restaurants close by - Belle Epoque - www.belleepoquebrugges.be, koets 27b - www.koets27b.be

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 24 May 2010

I stayed in this hotel for two nights. It is on a quiet road but really close to the centre of Bruges, so very convenient. The staff were really friendly when we arrived, and walked us to our room, which was in the garden. I was immediately struck by how many areas in the hotel there seemed to be to just sit and relax. Unfortunately it wasn't very sunny when we were there, so we couldnt make the most of the outside seating and sun loungers, but I can imagine it would be lovely to sit out in the garden when it is warm.

The room was really nice and spacious. The bed was absolutely massive and comfortable and as other people have mentioned, the bathroom was really big. There was also two big windows, so plenty of light, and one of them had a window seat as well. The whole room had a nice authentic feel about it, and didnt look like your normal everyday hotel room. Dont be put off by the exterior of the garden rooms... they look a bit like a shed, but gorgeous inside!

I am a big chocolate fan, so was very please to see some chocolate awating us on the bed! The staff were really helpful, when we phoned reception to ask if they had an ironing board they brought it to our room for us, and also lent us an adaptor as I had forgotten to pack this.

Breakfast was good, with a large selection of food including cold meats and cheeses, pastries, toast, cereals, cooked eggs and sausages, yoghurt, fruit and best of all a chocolate fountain!! Quite pricey at 16 euros each, so make sure you get your monies worth!

Overall I would definitely recommend this hotel, I had a lovely stay and would come back if I was visiting Bruges again. It is on the expensive side, but I think most hotels in Bruges are.

I would also recommend the restaurant De Stove - definitely the best meal we had there. Really intimate and small, so you probably need to book ahead, but the food is great.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple