Good size rooms, comfortable beds and good sized comfortable sofa to relax.
Overall a very favourable experience, reception staff, restaurant staff and cleaning staff all spoke several languages fluently and easily changing from one to another. Also on the whole very keen to help.
Location is good and as it is off the main road in a large courtyard type arrangement with the sister Ibis hotel it is fairly quiet and particularly so with the windows closed. Easily walkable into the main town centre within 15 minutes even at a leisurely stroll. Excellent restaurants within easy reach. Exploring this historic city on foot is easily achieved or you can take a city tour bus from the Market Square as well as the more expensive horse and carriages.
Downsides - although advertised as a free wifi area the speed is hopelessly slow so if you need to do any real work then you need to purchase the higher speed but you need to hard wire the connection so no good for iPads etc. Also you cannot simply accept the terms on your laptop you have to purchase at reception and obtain a code. Not the end of the world but irritating. Also irritating was the provision of 2 paper cups to make tea or coffee in though real glasses were available for cold drinks! The provision of just two sachets of milk was also annoying.
If they can make these slight improvements then they would achieve five stars next time round.
Breakfast was a pleasure, helpful busy staff, food replenished as required and an excellent self service choice. Tables cleaned away the moment they became free. The only downside was how slow the one toaster was and queues formed whilst having to put through the bread twice to toast properly as even on full it failed to brown on first go.
We (two brothers and wives) would have no hesitation in choosing the Novotel Centrum again, indeed we are already planning our next trip. From St Pancras to hotel in less than 3.5 hours so very convenient. 2 hours on Eurostar and an hour on local train from Brussels to Bruges.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Novotel Brugge Centrum is a 3 star hotel in the historic centre of Bruges, a unique European city known as the Venice of the North. It features 126 comfortable and functional rooms, a bar and restaurant, plus 8 rooms for meetings and conferences and1 large multifunctional room. The hotel is equally suited to business trips and holidays in Bruges with your partner or family, boasting a garden, terrace and outdoor heated pool in summer. Public pay parking available under the hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Odigeo, ACCOR, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK) and Hotels.com so you can book your Novotel Brugge Centrum reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Novotel Brugge Centrum Hotel Bruges
- Novotel Hotel Bruges
- Novotel Hotel Brugge Centrum
- Novotel Bruges
- Bruges Novotel