“Perfect location”

Ibis Brugge Centrum
Ranked #46 of 97 Hotels in Bruges
Reviewed 2 May 2014 via mobile

Our stay was enjoyable as the location was just a short walk from the main attractions.

It is also near one of the best restaurant in town.

The room was standard ibis as expected. So it was clean and the bed very comfortable.

I noticed a strange smell in the lobby maybe because of the canals. Hopefully it was ok in the room.

• Stayed: November 2013
Nick S, Assistant General Manager at Ibis Brugge Centrum, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2014

Dear guests,
We are pleased to read that you have enjoyed your stay at our hotel. The smell in the lobby is indeed due to the canals as you might have read in our previous posts.

Reviewed 2 May 2014

Very difficult to find in Bruges. Parking costs E8.50 a day. Hotel is in a plaza and doors and small elevators impede access everywhere. Stairs and luggage do not go together.
It was the May 01 long weekend and all rooms full. Young Staff were cavalier in service.
Not interested. Room was small for a pre-paid twin and we got out of there next day with a sigh of relief.
Towels are an IBIS issue.... small and thin. Get bigger !
Got what we now expect. Will be changing chains soon - Accor has no respect from us.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear guests,
Thank you for posting your opinion about your stay on Tripadvisor. We are sorry to read that you have found our hotel difficult to find. Please note that we are not allowed to use road signage. Nevertheless you can easily find a map and directions to find Accor hotels on our website. Our rooms and products meet the ibis standards, but your comments are important to us, as they help us improving our service.

Reviewed 1 May 2014 via mobile

Lovely location . Not bang in centre but not an unpleasant walk to the square. Entrance of the hotel smells like foreign toilet/sewers . Most unfortunate ! Receptionist was lovely on arrival. Great modern appearance in lobby area. Room clean and tidy. Lovely powerful hot shower. Mega comfy bed. Basic requirements . Suffice for one night. Not very large room my partner says considering what he had paid. -my b day trip- not privy to this knowledge. No tea coffee facilities. We were GASPING first thing in morning and cold when we got in at night. That was very disappointing . Super breakfast feast despite no cooked English . Boiled eggs Hams cheese cereals pastries and breads tea coffee and Good thanks . Sorry I was just off out for a run last night then made dinner and fell asleep !
You free end of today ? X tea and cake ?! X.juice in abundance ! We ate well!!

• Stayed: May 2014

Dear guests,
We are happy to read that you have enjoyed your stay at our hotel, its location and services. All our rooms are equipped with reversible air conditioner for heating and cooling, that way you can set the temperature that suites you. Thanks again for sharing your opinion on Tripadvisor.

Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Nice hotel plenty of choice on breakfast but dont expect full english . Request room on higher floor it is quieter obviuosly because ur in a busy tourist area . Rooms had everything u need but they r on the small side but beds very comfy .i would definitely stay there again we also had meal in restaurant which was very nice.

• Stayed: April 2014
Nick S, Assistant General Manager at Ibis Brugge Centrum, responded to this reviewResponded 30 April 2014

Dear guests,
Thank you for having taken the time to share your opinion about your stay on Tripadvisor. We are happy to read that you globally have enjoyed your stay at our hotel. We are looking forward to welcoming you again for your next visit in Bruges.

Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

We both arrived by train from Brussels and had both never been to Bruges before so were a bit worried we would struggle to get out baring! However this hotel is in the perfect location, close the train station and literally a stones throw from the market square! You literally have everything on your doorstep! We would definitely stay here when returning to Bruges! The rooms are basic but very clean and the hotel has a certain character which is very endearing :)

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear guests,
Thank you very much for this nice review. We are pleased to read that you have found our hotel to be very good located. Hope you will find your way again for your next visit.

Reviewed 21 April 2014

Very good location, right in the center and in walking distance from restaurants, bars and attractions. The staff was very welcoming and kind. The room was clean. The price was however too expensive for the room provided, the breakfast excluded and too expensive, and the parking place also excluded and quite expensive.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for this kind review.
Please rest assured that our prices do meet our standards.

Reviewed 19 April 2014

PROS:
- location, you can walk from the hotel to everywhere
- paid public carpark underground
- breakfast is not bad for a Ibis
- Internet connection, free and resonable speed

CONS:
- Bad smell in all hotel, in the reception sewage smell, on my room s**t smell...really I couldnt beleive on the first day when I arrived.
- Staff, not very friendly and smiley. The only person I saw smiling was a trainee on the reception
- My room was beside a storage for housekeeping, too noisy, they started to clean and vacuum cleaner around 7 or before.
- No privacy, the window of my room was facing the elevator corridor, so I had to have my curtains always closed to have some privacy, I couldn´t have some day light on my room.

SHORT REVIEW:
After my first visit, for one single night, I returned to this hotel this time for a longer stay. I choosed this hotel against Novotel across the road, just based on price, I had stayed on both before on both hotels, and because I was planning a longer stay I choosed the cheapest option.

But back to Ibis I found a worse service and facilities, that I doesn´t remembered!

Even as a ACCOR loyalty member I had a bad room very tight, with a bad smell (s**t smeel) and beside some storage room of the housekeepers and the only window on my room was facing the elevator corridor, so I had to have my curtains always closed to have some privacy, I couldn´t have some day light on my room.

In the reception also some bad smell, something like sewage smell, since I crossed the main door every day I could feel the that smell.

The staff is also not very friendly, it seems they are doing some favor to have guests. I asked to put the name of the company on the invoice, it took more than 15 minutes, and the lady have done that clearly show a bad will.

Last but not least, my tight room ( I would say including bathroom, no more than 12 square meters) was located the next door of a storage room to the housekeeping. Beside they start to work very early in the morning around 7AM or before in that storage room, I could hear vacuum cleaner in the corridor also that early. unbelievable the lack of respect for the guest´s rest!

DO I WILL RETURN?
Never!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Nick S, Assistant General Manager at Ibis Brugge Centrum, responded to this reviewResponded 23 April 2014

Dear Sir,
We would like to thank you for having taken the time to leave your impression about your stay at our hotel on Tripadvisor. We are very sorry to read that this stay did not meet your expectations. As regards the smell in the hotel, I would like to refer to a previous reply (a smell has always been present in Bruges, due to the presence of the canals in town, and especially in periods of changing weather conditions or heavy rainfall. In Bruges there even exists an oral expression to depict this phenomenon: "the welling of the water"). I would like to reassure you that the respect for our guests' rest is one of our priorities. The housekeeping staff therefore only starts at 9 am and even at 10 am on Sundays. In the future, should you have any problem with your room, please always inform reception so we can find a solution. Your feedback is important to us, as it helps us improving our service every day.