My partner and I spent 2 nights here.
Pros: Breakfast was lovely, owner was friendly and helpful.
- We got given the split level room, which we were not informed of. The shower was on the top floor, the toilet was on the same floor as the bed. Please ensure you ask which room you will be getting, as I wasn't expecting this. If someone isn't comfortable with heights or want it to be an easier ride, people need to know.
- No ventilation in the toilet, it is a cupboard and if you are a bit tall man, your legs won't fit inside.
- Bed sunk in the middle and uncomfortable.
- The bed covers were a little dirty and it was clear that these are not changed regularly, just the sheets that cover the bed.
- Not a place you would come back to to chill out for a while.
Despite the fact that the owner is very nice, it was a bit dissapointing really. I would pay a little more and stay somewhere else if I can next time. The pictures are also a little misleading.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Canal House is a typical Bruges house, located right in the city center of Bruges along the canal, 7 minutes walk from the fish market, 10 minutes walk from the main market square. ... more less