All reviews african grey parrot the main square great location central location recommend this hotel car park lovely hotel room was large nice bathroom side street good size christmas market would stay again quiet street reception area weekend break a couple of minutes walk
Reviewed 30 August 2017

As others have pointed out this place is right around the corner from 'downtown' Bruges. You can be at either square after a ten minute walk. Breakfast was fantastic. I expect to eat different things when travelling but to come down to scrambled eggs and sausage was a nice change of pace. Room was very nice and the staff was excellent. I even made friends (I think) with the parrot in the lobby.

Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 August 2017

Lovely hotel, super check-in service, lovely people, breakfast was great, had scrambled eggs, sausages and bacon which is so unusual for Europeans, I will say the location is perfect, and Bruges is beautiful. I agree with other travelers regarding the bedroom, hence the 4 not 5 stars, outdated, worn out bed, very low also like a futon. Location brilliant. Lovely welcome at reception. Lovely terrace.
The location was fantastic, loads to do on your doorstep. Do watch the movie In Bruges before you go to really have some fun in this city, particularly if you do see the swans.

Room Tip: All rooms on the interior side were quiet.
  • Stayed: August 2017, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 3 August 2017 via mobile

Location brilliant. First impressions excellent. Friendly welcome at reception. Lovely inner terrace. We had a "superior" room which was ok not very superior just large & very dated, large worn out bed, awful pillows, separate toilet just opposite bed seemed like it was in a cupboard! Air conditioning unit was above built in wardrobe in separate dressing area - it dripped into the wardrobe. Large bathroom with double sinks and shower over bath (loo separate and right over other side of bedroom so long trek to wash hands - bit unhygienic). All very clean though, apart from the spare pillows kept in wardrobe under the dripping air conditioning unit.

The location was fantastic, loads to do on your doorstep. Lovely town for a weekend break.

Recommended for location. If I visited again I would ask for a room on ground or first floor in the building to the rear of the terrace they looked lovely.

Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank southcavegirl
Reviewed 17 July 2017

Was very happy with the location of this hotel. The staff were all friendly and helpful. The common areas are all very nice and comfortable. The breakfast was perfect for us. The only down side is the rooms are a little sparse - Could use a mirror or more decor. Bed was comfortable. All and All very happy with our stay here.

• Stayed: July 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank 8Threegirlstravel
Reviewed 10 July 2017

Have just come back from a weekend away in Bruges with my best friend. We chose Hotel Acacia because of it's location, but when we got here we were blown away by how lovely the hotel is.

Everywhere was clean, the decor was modern and chic and the staff were brilliant and very helpful throughout. We had a fantastic room with a little terrace balcony overlooking the courtyard. The room was a decent size, a nice bathroom with bath and shower, air conditioning (which was handy as we were lucky to have very hot weather). Breakfast was very good - a large selection of meat/cheese/cereal/cooked food/pastries/bread to suit every taste, and was open from 7am to 11am.

The location was fantastic, with just a few steps really to the main square. Lots of cafes and restaurants all around, and the staff in the hotel were more than happy to answer our (many, many) questions and give recommendations about where to go to eat, or to hire bikes etc... They were also happy to make phone calls on our behalf to find out times/prices of trips.

All in all, a wonderful trip in a really lovely hotel in an absolutely beautiful city. I will be returning with my husband in the near future I think!

Room Tip: If you want a twin room, email the hotel to specify this requirement or you will be given a double.
  • Stayed: July 2017, travelled with friends