We (large family group) stayed in Brugge between Christmas and new year, as we have done on several previous occassions.
We have previously stayed in the Novotel Centrum, but this year decided to pay more for a more centrally located hotel, which this certainly was. The pool and gym facilities were also a bonus over the Novotel. However, whilst I have no specific complaints about the hotel, I do not think the huge price difference was justified. The location really was the one main benefit.
The breakfast was good but no better than any other good hotel and at 22 euros per person, should have been!!
The rooms were quite large and well equiped. Two double beds in our family room. A desk and chair, two easy chairs and table, two double wardrobes (one containing a trouser press and iron and ironing board). Two towelling robes were also supplied. Plenty of toiletries and complimentary items supplied (ie., toothpast/brush, shaving items etc) if you had forgotten anything.
There is a pleasant bar/lounge area with bar prices not extortionately higher than other bars/restaurants in the area. Locally, the average price for a pint of lager was 7/8 euro and for 1/2 litre caraf of wine between 12 & 16 euro. There is an 'Irish Bar' a few doors down on the same square with the most reasonably priced drinks we found, but this is not the most elegant of places to drink!
If I return again I think I will probably go back to the Novotel, walk a bit further but save myself a small fortune!!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crowne Plaza hotel Brugge is situated in the city centre of the charming and romantic city of Bruges, conveniently located on the magnificent Burg Square, adjacent to the historic Town Hall and the Chapel of Holy Blood. The Crowne Plaza hotel Brugge has 96 full renovated air-conditioned rooms with TV, pay TV, iron,coffee&tea facilities, mini bar and safe.The wellness and recreational centre offers a pool, a fitness room and a sauna.The Crowne Plaza hotel offers a new restaurant concept with PlazaCafé. A hip and trendy restaurant(with a superb terrace from March until November) and serves an excellent breakfast buffet, lunch and diner. Enjoy a nice coffee or Belgium beer. Every Sundaylunch a family buffet is served. The PlazaCafé Bar is an ideal meeting place, with its comfortable and relaxed atmosphere. Meetings-conferences-banquets For a modern decor in warm colours we can propose the Burgh Room (for up to 250 people). If you prefer historic surroundings we can organise an unforgettable banquet in our 14th century cellar or amidst the ancient foundations of the old St Donaas Church. Free wifi available through the whole hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, IHG, Priceline, Expedia, Odigeo, Ebookers, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, HRS, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Crowne Plaza Brugge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Brugge Hotel Bruges
- Crowne Plaza Bruges
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Brugge