As others have indicated, the location of this hotel is excellent. It's very central, right near the market and the Burg. However, Bruges is very small, so you may not need a hotel right in the center.
Service at the front desk was perfect. Nice, friendly, helpful staff.
Sound quality in the rooms could be better. We could hear the toilets flushing and people showering in rooms around us, and this was a bit of an annoyance as we're light sleepers.
Rooms are simple and average: Basic, clean, and acceptable. The only complaint I'd have is regarding the towels and sheets. Not soft at all. Starchy, as if they've been sent out to a cleaning service that forgot to put fabric softener on them. Not a big deal, but when you're paying for a room, it's the little things that make a big difference.
Breakfast was over 22 Euros. Rip off. Walk out of the hotel and one block away is a bakery.
Parking is also expensive, but they'll let you keep your car there during the day if you're out and about, so that was convenient.
In our case, we used hotel points, so the price for us was perfect. I wouldn't pay the full rack rate for this hotel though. It could be worth a try if you can get it on hotwire.com or priceline.com.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Crowne Plaza hotel Brugge is situated in the city centre of the charming and romantic city of Bruges, conveniently located on the magnificent Burg Square, adjacent to the historic Town Hall and the Chapel of Holy Blood. The Crowne Plaza hotel Brugge has 96 full renovated air-conditioned rooms with TV, pay TV, iron,coffee&tea facilities, mini bar and safe.The wellness and recreational centre offers a pool, a fitness room and a sauna.The Crowne Plaza hotel offers a new restaurant concept with PlazaCafé. A hip and trendy restaurant(with a superb terrace from March until November) and serves an excellent breakfast buffet, lunch and diner. Enjoy a nice coffee or Belgium beer. Every Sundaylunch a family buffet is served. The PlazaCafé Bar is an ideal meeting place, with its comfortable and relaxed atmosphere. Meetings-conferences-banquets For a modern decor in warm colours we can propose the Burgh Room (for up to 250 people). If you prefer historic surroundings we can organise an unforgettable banquet in our 14th century cellar or amidst the ancient foundations of the old St Donaas Church. Free wifi available through the whole hotel. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Agoda, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Crowne Plaza Brugge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Crowne Plaza Brugge Hotel Bruges
- Crowne Plaza Bruges
- Crowne Plaza Hotel Brugge