1,906 results
All reviews japanese garden nice hotel comfort room hotel overlooking good size minute walk city centre the main square room was clean and comfortable quiet location bars and restaurants breakfast room enjoyable stay large room overlooking the canal stayed here for one night christmas market
Reviewed 26 October 2012

It was a wonderfull hotel! Strongly recommend! Very nice service, wonderful breakfast ! The only down side is not being closer to the centre............................The tv has also few options......"...................

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 October 2012

I must say that the stay at the Mediche was surprisingly good. Especially after a very rough day and reaching the hotel well towards midnight, I was greeted by an extremely co-operative and smiling albiet sleepy person. He helped me with the check in, in just a matter of minutes and I was off to my room.

The room itself was pleasant. Value for money with an excellent bathroom without any pretense at extravagance which usually has me hunting for how to work the shower. It was simple, precise and everything worked fine.

The hotel is at a very close distance from the main square in Brugge. So that kind of helped me in the morning.

The breakfast was quite alright, had a full continental spread so no complaints there.

Its a clean and nice place and I would definitely recommend it and would also stay the next time I am in Brugge.

A point to be noted (for all the smokers) is that this hotel provides you with smoking rooms and I am hoping that they do not change this trend. The balcony with each room gives you an area to have a smoke without spoiling the room's atmosphere. Ah for some fresh air !!!

All in all I would rate the hotel pretty well.

Unfortunately I was not able to try their Japanese restaurant which I have heard is good, but probably will do so on my next visit.

Room Tip: Make sure you do an advance booking. I had sent the hotel an email and they had responded within 12 hrs (with smiley faces in the mail). It was indeed a friendly hotel.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Darshan M
HotelDeMedici, Guest Relations Manager at Golden Tulip De' Medici Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 October 2012

Dear Mr Darshan,

Thank you for your lovely review. We are happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 23 October 2012

We chose this hotel initially because there are smoking rooms, liked it and have returned four times. Staff all friendly and helpful, rooms clean and everything we need is available.

Lighting could be a little brighter especially over the occasional table, and the shower needs a larger curtain (water flowed onto the floor). Decor is a little in need of a face-lift, but not too bad.

Breakfast is great, good variety and has very efficient staff.
Bar food - a few more choices would be welcome, but good enough if you want to eat in.

Altogether a good hotel for us, we will return!

Room Tip: We prefer the canal side (for the view) but choose garden view if you don't want traffic noise.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple

Dear Ms Sue,

Thank you for your nice comments and we hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 21 October 2012

Hotel is in a good location - 5 minutes walk to centre. Dated and in need of some repair, rooms not well equipped and bed not comfortable, staff pretty grumpy but the eccentric barman is entertaining. Good breakfast but overall only 2 stars not 4.
Built on a foundation of affluence - at times Brige can give the aroma of effluence!
3 to 4 days is about perfect for a visit - buy the 3 day ticket for all the museums for a saving as the food and drink is very expensive. The Belfry - infamous from the film is a must but quite a challenge! We loved Bruge and 99% of the locals are friendly and helpful. it is exactly as described by Ralph Fiennes in the film and we will go back some day for sure.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
HotelDeMedici, Guest Relations Manager at Golden Tulip De' Medici Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 October 2012

Dear Mr Beck,
We want to thank you for taking the time to write this comment. We would like to let you know that our hotel will undergo a refurbishment at the end of this year, so we hope to welcome you again afterwards for an improved stay.

Reviewed 20 October 2012

Nice hotel with comfortable rooms. Easy 10minute walk to the Markt (Central Square) along the canals. Friendly staff and great breakfast buffet. Too bad that wi-fi is not free in the rooms, but you can get 30minute sessions for free in the bar and at the reception.