“Great hotel”
Review of Martin's Brugge

Martin's Brugge
Ranked #39 of 97 Hotels in Bruges
Reviewed 31 October 2012

Just stayed for 2 nights (2 rooms, 4 adults) and had a great stay. The hotel exceeded it's 3* rating and we would definitely stay again. We had booked standard rooms which weren't massive but were fine. Fantastic location. Took our 2 children in their early 20s. They thought it was a great place to stay and handy for the local bars(which they visited when we had gone to bed!). We used the public underground car park which was 8.7 per day. Much cheaper than the hotel one which is 25 per day. Seemed secure enough. We hadn't booked breakfast as we thought it was 17euro. It is unless you book in advance when it then costs 12euro - a much better price. We missed having a kettle in the room.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank SusanGrace110661
Write a ReviewReviews (3,007)

Reviewed 31 October 2012

Beautiful and high level service hotel. Great location behind Belfry. Clean and "new look" rooms. Excellent breakfast buffet. No free wi-fi. Good heating system. Its very important if you travel autumn- winter-early spring season.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 30 October 2012

Hotel Martin's was booked based on Tripadvisor reviews. Great location 2 minutes from main square in Brugge located in very charecterful cobble stoned street with immediate access to shops , resteraunts and all the main tourist attractions.
Hotel rooms excellent ( no tea/ coffee making facilities). Hotel facilities excellent but did not use the bar or resteraunt as very expensive. Better that you venture out into the square and go a few streets beyond for more affordable food and drink. Room price came with breakfast buffet which was excellent for choice and quality. Hotel staff could not have been better and no quibble over billing as described by some other reviewers. So in summary why pay for 4 and 5 star accommodation when you can experience the excellence of the 3 star Hotel Martin's.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Sandy A
Reviewed 29 October 2012 via mobile

Stayed for three nights. Great location behind Belfry. We had an interesting circular room. Good, friendly and efficient service. Free Wi-Fi works well. Excellent breakfast buffet. Good bar with very reasonable prices. Would return without hesitation.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed 24 October 2012 via mobile

Great place.
Fantastic location.
Clean functional rooms.
The beds in ours were two singles pushed together, but that didn't bother us at all.

The only gripe I would say is a top sheet would have been nice, but we never bothered to ask for one because the room was perfectly warm ever in chilly October that we never felt the need. I'm sure the excellent staff would have obliged like they did when we asked for a clothes iron which they delivered inside of 5 mins.

I would stay here again and recommend. It to anyone looking in the price range. It's not a 5 star hotel, but neither is it trying to be, not charging like one, but it's close to a 4 star.

Thank you Martins!

• Stayed: October 2012
1  Thank mickdooit
Reviewed 24 October 2012

Had a 3 night stay in October 2012 on a tour organised by Riviera Travel via Eurostar.
Wonderful City and hotel central for everything so can walk straight into all the exciting places to explore.
First let me get the downside out of the way.
As mentioned rooms very small, so dont try swinging a cat, but only slept there so did the job.
Room we had only had 1 windom at edge of room with table in front so hard to see out at all.
No tea coffeee making facilities, although not often found in european rooms.

Good Points
Hotel well situated.
Air Con in room worfed very well.
Comfy bed and quiet so had good n nights sleep.
Was expecting cont b/fast but also had bacon, scambled eggs, boiled eggs, toms, beans ant help yourself breakfast.
Plenty of fruit, rolls, bread etc to choose from
Staff friendly and helpful, always smiling.
Took about 30 seconds to check in and out, even though as mentioned we arrived with group on trip.
Room clean with soaps face towels and body lotion, besides towels each day.
Hairdryer also in room although no mention on hotel website so we took our own!

Overall would recommend this hotel and would book again when we go back next time, although would try to get a bigger room as would probably do trip ourselves now we know area.

This is not knocking Riviera travel in anyway though as from start to finish we were looked after by Viv our guide who was fantastic and knowledgeable about everywhere we went, Many thanks to her!!

Room Tip: We had room on 4th floor, which is basically the attic and as corner room lost more space due o cut...
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank JohnBsTrips
Reviewed 23 October 2012

I stayed her for two nights, a Friday and a Saturday and the hotel was very busy with what seemed to be several groups. Check in was very quick and helpful, and I was given a map of the city and the receptionist marked on the map where the hotel is. Then off to my room I went, which was very recently totally refurbished and had quality fittings. The air con is the quietest that I have ever had in a hotel and can be totally controlled in room. The double glazing works well and even manages to shut out the noise of the church bells which start around 0900hrs. The beds and quilt are super comfortable and my room had a small mini bar fridge, however what I did find surprising is that there are no tea and coffee making facilities (tray) in the room I had. I was in room 731, I think they call this a 'Charming Plus Room' which is not one of their basics by any means - I would have liked a tea tray to be honest as I am used to it. The bathroom has been very well done, no bath - which I don't mind at all, has great shower and as said, all is very new. I liked the room, had a nice quality feel and I slept very well.

Breakfast is a buffet with a huge choice of everything really and all of excellent quality - the Patio breakfast room is big and I saw no queues at all for tables and the staff are very efficient.
I had scrambled eggs, sausage and bacon plus a bowl of fresh fruit - no complaints at all and no wait at all.

Check out on the Sunday morning saw some pretty big queues, but hey, with 177 rooms checking out then this was always going to happen. Front desk staff were quick and efficient and coped well - I didn't mind the queue as I wasn't pushed for time - if you are, then I would make sure of an early check out or see if they do an 'Express' service.

I liked this hotel and was very pleased I chose it - the location is fantastic in the old city centre and it is very well run with high standards of service and refurbishment. I will certainly go back.

Room Tip: Charming Plus rooms are very good indeed, didn't see the other catagories.
  • Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends