“Fantastic Location”
Review of Martin's Brugge

Martin's Brugge
Ranked #39 of 97 Hotels in Bruges
Reviewed 31 December 2012

Stayed one night. We were able to leave our bags in the luggage room as we arrived before check in. Staff very friendly. Room small but very clean and modern. Bed really comfortable and great shower although the bathroom was tiny. No tea and coffee making facilities within the room. The location was 2 minutes walk from the square and all of the sights. Would definitely stay again.

1  Thank Cotswolders

Reviewed 30 December 2012

This is a nice enough hotel with clean rooms, but I found a couple of the desk staff to be unhelpful and at times even a little rude, so perhaps not the place to stay if you like the personal touch or a warm welcome. I don't expect staff to be over-the-top nice to me, but at times this hotel's made me feel like I should be grateful for them allowing me to pay to stay there.

The rooms are pleasant, but the walls are quite thin and I didn't get more than a few hours sleep on two of the nights I was there due to a mixture of the couple next door, doors slamming in the corridor and the revellers on the street below. However, it may have been because we visited in the holiday season.

We hadn't realised breakfast wasn't included (we weren't informed of this until the second day - they had added the first day's to our bill without us realising we were paying extra for it) and it was very expensive for what it was (I think 17 euros, which is almost the same in pounds right now) especially considering there are no coffee-making facilities in the rooms. A coffee or tea with a little carton of milk at the bar was 3.40 Euros (and was the same kind of coffee you'd normally get for free in your room) If you're a tea drinker handing over more than £3 for a glass of hot water, a wrapped tea bag on the side and some UHT milk seems a bit over the top. I'd advise you head out for a croissant and a decent coffee, there are plenty of nice cafes in Bruges.

The hotel is well located, but it feels like one of the well known pricier chain hotels so don't expect character. It depends what you expect and your reason for visiting, but I was a little disappointed by Martin's and won't bother making a return visit.

Reviewed 30 December 2012

3 nights stay.Great for the centre and christmas market,which was ideal for off loading shopping ,changing etc.Room was good and warm.Staff were helpful and friendly.Breakfast was good,plentiful and varied.Couldn't say much about the restaurant or bar as we dined out all the time but it looked good.Would certainly recommend it

Reviewed 27 December 2012

We stayed for 3 nights last week. Couldn't fault the hotel. The location is amazing, the Markt is only a minute or two walk. The reception staff all extremely friendly and helpful. Room was on 4th floor, not huge, but perfectly appointed with a comfortable bed and great shower. A thoroughly enjoyable stay.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Matt B
Reviewed 24 December 2012

stayed two nights to visit Bruges and this was a perfect location. We could get in and out just to get rid of shoppping bags or to get a shower before going out for dinner.
However, the room is really too small. I would have complained if I did not get a serious discount because I booked 5 days before arriving....
Beds are uncomfortable but at night the streets are pretty calm.
Breakfast is eatable - but don't get near the eggs and ham because it tastes like cardboard :) if you have a choice, take a breakfast somewhere else... the room is too crowded and noisy.

Room Tip: rooms at the back are the best as it is a pretty calm street
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 December 2012

Stayed one night to visit the Xmas market in Bruge. It was perfect place for that. The price seems bit at the high end, it might be the fact however I I booked it only one day before i visited. Because it is at the center so actually no view from the room. The rooms are clean. Few buses stop just in front of the Hotel (I think Bus 12 &1 from Train station). I did not take the breakfast as it looks expensive compared to the items. There are plenty of restaurants around so no problem. The Wifi was okay. The password is written at the reception.
The checkout time 11am seem too early on a weekend morning. I also saw many people waiting to check in later on ..do not understand.. even though we had to check out at 11am why other people can not check in before 3pm !! Well overall it is not bad. I could keep my luggage in the store after checking out. In my one day stay there was no hassle :)

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank true f
Reviewed 21 December 2012

Hotel was booked as part of a Eurostar break and could not have been better located. Its modern and clean and in many ways above and beyond what you would expect from a 3 star hotel.

Reception were efficient and friendly. Breakfast was a bit expensive if not booked in advance but plenty of other options in Bruges in you wanted to go elsewhere.

The rooms are on the small size but perfectly big enough for us and they are well laid out. I had read on one of the reviews before we went that they missed having tea and coffee facilities in the room - which i would agree with. Minor grumble in an otherwise perfect visit.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple