“Great location, hotel was ok”
Review of Europ Hotel

Europ Hotel
Ranked #76 of 97 Hotels in Bruges
Reviewed 20 December 2013

We went to Bruges start of December 13 for Christmas Markets. Although not in the main square, it was a very nice walk to the hotel which was in a great location just opposite the waterways and a bridge. Those with disabilities however may struggle to get to this hotel unless using a taxi.

The public areas of hotel were warm and inviting, the restaurant served a typical breakfast which was fine. The hotel does a have a lift for those that needed it but you would still need to be able to climb a few steps to get into the hotel itself which for able bodied people is fine. The rooms were below average and grubby - the edges of the carpets hadn't seen a vacuum cleaner for months and my allergies kicked in due to the dust. For a two star hotel you can't expect too much, would I stay again - no, but if on a tight budget then it's fine.

Room Tip: Choose a room overlooking the waterways and bridge - the other rooms available aren't shown on t...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sunnyhols253

Reviewed 9 December 2013

My friend and I stayed two nights at the Europ Hotel in October. It's not the most central hotel, but Bruges is small and it's less than a ten minute walk to Market and Burg Squares. It is pretty far from the train station, however the bus runs frequently to Market square.
The hotel faces a canal and some rooms may have a canal view, but our room faced the street. The area is pretty quiet. I didn't hear a lot of noise from the street, or from other guests. This isn't a fancy, modern hotel by any means, but it's a good value, clean and comfortable.
Also, it's not a 24 hour reception and they lock the doors at night. So if you're going to be out late make sure to take your room key!
Breakfast was included, and pretty standard- cold cuts, cheese, breads, cereal, boiled eggs, milk, juice, etc.
My one complaint would be the bathroom. The shower curtain doesn't keep the water from getting all over the place. You can see it's been an ongoing problem by the damage it's done to some of the wood by the door. The hair & body gel was also hard to open without scissors.
I wouldn't have a problem staying here again or recommending it to a friend.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 December 2013 via mobile

We have just got back to work after a fab couple of nights away in Bruges and I'm sat in the office reminiscing about the break. The one thing that I actually thought was well worth the expense was the hotel. We got to the hotel mid morning and didn't even have to ask the gent on the reception if we could leave the bags till we checked in later he was more than happy for us to leave them in the lobby.
The bedroom was very comfy had a huge shower and toilet room. No bath. Yea ok could have done with a fresh lick of paint but for the price I thought it was presented very well.
Breakfast was ok cornflakes cured meat and fresh bread. Be aware there is no cooked breakfast. Being a Yorkshire man I love a full English but let's face it your not gonna get a full English because your not in England!!!!
Bruges is a very expensive city I got a cheese and ham toastie and a pint and it was €16.50 everything costs like double what it should do. Glad we have been to Bruges but in no rush to go back. If I win the lottery I would go back and defiantly stay at the Europe.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Snork87
Reviewed 28 November 2013

Stayed here 4 nights and it was very comfortable with very helpful staff and a great breakfast. Nice location but a good walk from the railway. The guy on reception was a font of knowledge about where to sample the local beers and where to eat. I guess we could have caught a bus to the centre on the way in because there were certainly loads going back when we had got the hang of things.

Room Tip: Ones on the front would have a view of the canal.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Great, quiet location a five minute walk from Markt Square. Large, spacious room for a standard. Sizable bathroom as well. Huge breakfast with vast selection. The room seemed to be wood-paneled but was painted over. It made the room brighter I suppose but what a shame to cover up all that wood. Great deal at 72 euro.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 25 November 2013

We've just returned from a wonderful weekend away in Bruges, staying at this hotel. I was very impressed with the service I got via email prior to arrival with some questions I had. The hotel made arrangements for someone to check us in after hours (check in closes at 10pm, we arrived at midnight). We took a taxi from the trains station (€9). The hotel is in the heart of Bruges, in a lovely quiet area on a canal 5min walk from all the attractions. Our twin room and bathroom were spotless. The staff at reception were very helpful with directions and recommendations - I was even able to borrow a charger for my phone. Breakfasts are great with a fantastic variety. Overall, the hotel is good value for money and very cosy - perfect for friends and families of al ages. Highly recommend

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kirsten D
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Generally a good hotel, very central, a 5 minute walk from the centre of town, and although the decor is a bit dated to say the least, it was a place to crash for us and served it's purpose! However, the shower in our room didn't work. When we mentioned this to the reception staff they were very unhelpful, and didn't even apologise. For what you pay, you don't expect great things, but the attitude was disappointing.

Room Tip: Not room 401, try and get an outside room to get a view of the street!
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple