“Ok”
Review of Taj Mahal

Taj Mahal
Reserve with
Taj Mahal is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #341 of 761 Restaurants in Bruges
Price range: US$1 - US$19
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We serve chicken,lamb,prawns and vegetarian dishes. We also serve vegan dishes but please ask to our waitress please.
Reviewed 7 December 2013 via mobile

Food here was ok. Rice, chicken and onion bhaji we had were all very nice but the main dishes tasted really bland and had very little flavour. Also toilets were a joke. Things hanging off walls, dirty, and kitchen roll on basin to wipe hands on. I know you go for food not toilets but they really were bad. One party of 4 actually walked out without ordering after seeing them.

1  Thank Anon129876

Reviewed 27 November 2013 via mobile

Oh dear, where shall I start, we called in here on a Wednesday night and it was 1/2 full, only one waiter on and the service was slow. We had poppadoms to start with and they were greasy and the dips, well we tried them once then ate the poppadoms on their own, our starters were ok but no slice of lemon so I used mine from my coke, our main course was bad. My husband had tandoori chicken, and it was only just cooked, I think it could have done with another 1/2 hour. He said it was really fatty and not much meat, big bowl of stogy rice, well over cooked, and we ordered naan bread and that was not cooked at all. We left most of that and there was a think later of grease on it aswell. I had chicken bhuna and it was horrid. If you like Indian food as we do please avoid this restaurant at all costs.

Reviewed 12 November 2013

This is our favourite Indian restaurant in Brugge and we have always had good quality food there. Our meal started with poppadom and two chutneys. I then had a portion of Tandoori chicken and my husband had an excellent beef dish accompanied by a half portion of bombay potato. Rice was included in the price of the curry. We also had a Nan which was not at all stodgy as they can be in England. The atmosphere was great and and we had no complaints about the service.

Reviewed 17 September 2013

After all the richness of Bruges itself and it's food it was great to have a curry. Located just of the centre this was a great find for a wet Sunday evening. Curry and rice was well cooked and drinks reasonably priced. We would go again.

5  Thank Julie T
Reviewed 5 September 2013 via mobile

This is not fine indian food but flavourless curry !! On entering the restaurant only had a handful of people in but this did not put us off. We were greeted by a polite lady who showed us promptly to our table. I ordered sheek kebab to start and chicken tikka masala as a main dish. The Server informed us that main dishes came with rice and i opted for a cheese nan bread as well. The starter was nicely cooked and moist but contained a significant amount of gristle and some small pieces of bone, this was not quality ground meat. By far the most disappointing part of the meal was the main course, a chicken tikka masala that Doesn't contain chicken tikka served in sauce that tasted of little more than Onion seasoned with garam masala. I can't help feeling that this restaurant doesn't expect any repeat business given the amount of tourists this area attracts. As a result I feel I should warn visitors who are looking for Indian food that the 80 euros this meal for two cost did not represent value for money given the low quality of food served. Avoid if visiting Bruges at all costs. Just to add the lady who served us was polite but sitting playing on your phone all night also depresses the atmosphere.

3  Thank Lackinggdfood