“port in a storm”

Ranked #274 of 775 Restaurants in Bruges
Price range: US$1 - US$18
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: We serve chicken,lamb,prawns and vegetarian dishes. We also serve vegan dishes but please ask to our waitress please. Accept cash only thank you.
Reviewed 1 February 2014

Friday night and couldn't get in anywhere but here,glad we did.Brugges food have seen that in earlier reviews generally overpriced ie £20 per person moules and frites. This was quality Madras and aloo Gobi at a good price great staff glad we went.

1  Thank iantoes

Reviewed 27 January 2014

Why going for a curry in Bruges? Dunno, seemed like a good idea at the time: the really good places were super-busy and a lot of the rest in Bruges city centre is a bit of a tourist trap. So why not. The food was nice enough, service too. Lacked a bit atmosphere. Everything was fine, but not comparable with indian restaurants in the UK.

Reviewed 22 January 2014

The food was excellent, hot and spicy! Plenty of choice on the menu. Service was superb and it was the best meal of the whole four-day stay.

2  Thank Mindenmail
Reviewed 3 January 2014 via mobile

The restaurant is very nice and cosy inside with modern and stylish decor. The food was excellent along with the service and price. Plenty of local beers available to accompany the vast menu it has to offer. I would definately visit again!!

2  Thank SupaAmar
Reviewed 18 December 2013

Maybe I'm used to the lovely curry houses in Cardiff and Birmingham, but this was seriously lacking and for the money was a disappointment. Cumin seed infused poppadoms were fine, but the mint sauce was lumpy and they'd added a chili of some kind to it, which was a bit strange.

I had my usual tandoori dish, which came out sizzling, but the chicken clearly hadn't been marinated as it was a bit insipid looking and not as flavoursome as you'd expect from a tandoori dish. It came with a sauce that was bland and no lemon squeezer... I know this is a small point, but I don't particularly want to have to squeeze lemon with my hands. Again, the strange mint sauce. My boyfriend said that the madras was nice enough, but nothing special.

All the above would be fine, there are lots of 'just okay' curry houses, but their prices were really high and the food didn't justify it, (just over 50 Euros for poppodoms, two mains and a drink each). I was expecting something quite special but it was a disappointment.

I've given three stars overall however as they seemed to be nice people and provided a good service. Toilets were clean, etc.