“good hotel and great location”
Review of Azalea Hotel

and 1 more site!
Azalea Hotel
Ranked #82 of 97 Hotels in Bruges
Reviewed 29 November 2013

We came with a gift voucher for a room and got a very spacious room (no. 25) with two arm chairs, a small table, and a desk. The bathroom seemed recently done up and was clean and the towels snowy white and soft. The black satin covering the bed may not be to your liking, but the furnishings were clean, and the room smelled good (not air freshener!). Wi-fi worked without a hitch. Breakfast was delicious with several types of buns and bread to chose from, and included scrambled eggs and bacon. From the breakfast room you have a lovely view over the canal. We parked our car in a box behind the hotel at the price of EUR 18. The staff was very helpful, smiling and competent. From the hotel it is only a few minutes' walk to the city centre.

Room Tip: No. 25 is spacious and quiet. The view from the window is towards the parking behind the hotel.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 31 October 2013

Being a group of thirty people expectations can vary, but all agreed that this was an excellent hotel with lovely staff who could not do enough to ensure all our needs were catered for!

The rooms were all clean and the beds comfortable.

The breakfast was really good, and covered everyone's tastes, from cereals, bacon and eggs (scrambled are now available), to the cold plattters and the wonderful selection of bread and pastries.

When it came to finding restaurants staff could not have been more helpful, and were even able to book tables for us, and also recommended places for lunch.

The hotel is perfectly located for the centre of Bruges. I would certainly recommend this hotel to anyone visiting the city.

Room Tip: Room no 19, offers a view of the canal - all rooms were quiet.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 October 2013 via mobile

The location is excellent and the people are nice but this place is a bit too far on the shabby side of shabby chic for my taste.

My room has a bit of damp in the corner, the bathroom caulking is discoloured and the window frames are rotten. The wifi works well, though.

Tall guests: watch out for the incongruous staircase waiting to crack your head halfway along the hall.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank MrOrganist
Reviewed 11 October 2013

You know what? In response to some of the other reviewers of this hotel.....
My room was really great, the bathroom facilities came very close to the lav in the 5 star place I stayed in the next night in Brussels. Same toilet fixture, for sure...and pretty close on the bath/shower too!! Yes, the carpet will need to be replaced in....hmmm, maybe three years. It is somewhat worn, but definitely not thread bear. It is clean. My room was great!

The people at this hotel are INCREDIBALLY friendly, helpful; and go well beyond expectations in trying to make your stay enjoyable. When I tried to book a tour, the tour operator said there was no demand, too bad so sad, this wasn't high season. The wonderful young lady at the desk told me she would try again. She succeeded. It was her rapport with the tour operator, I am sure.

When I overspent...bought too much and worried about finding room in my luggage; the same young lady laughed with me over my predicament...but tried everything to help me find a tote bag of some kind under the cheapest I had found at $30 euros. Alas, she wasn't succesful...but she really tried to remedy my situation, and laughed along with me. In the end, I managed; I always seem to.

Breakfast was pretty standard in this type of hotel; except for one incredibly welcome difference: they have bacon! I once read a guide as to how to run a successful B & B and its primary recommendation was: "leave bacon alone, it is too expensive." I'm not crazy about boiled eggs for some reason...that is an odd quirk that I have; so I would rather have scrambled offered in such a buffet. But, I can't call them on this, because that is a personal oddity. The pate was wonderful (from a finecky pate person) and the cheese selection was above standard.

Fresh fruit...and the warm pastries arrive from the bakery about 15 minutes past seven.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 9 October 2013

I have stayed in the Azalea a quiet few times and am drawn back by its charm,
The hotel is situated in a very quiet location just a two minute walk from the centre of the town.
Yes the building has seen better days but in age has grown more charming , the staff are extremely friendly and the breakfasts are excellent and served in a most charming room in what in its it heyday must have been a very grand town house.
The rooms are in keeping with the hotel , a bit faded round the edges but very comfortable.
The price of a room is very reasonable for the centre of Bruges.
I travel to Brussels on business but always make sure I fit one or two nights in the Azalea.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 October 2013

This hotel is just minutes to the market square in a quiet area by the canal. It is old but nice, clean and comfortable. We got a huge room on second floor with all amenities and free Wi-Fi. The breakfast was delicious and the staff very friendly and helpful. We simply loved it.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 September 2013

This hotel is right in the center, very friendly. Good breakfast, comfortable and the service is really friendly and helpful. Nice terrace by the river, next to the bridge. What else can you ask for. We' ve got a very good deal with booking.com
Defenetly I will go back. Highly recommended.

Room Tip: By the river!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple