“Convenient, quiet, well run eco-friendly establishment”
Review of Hotel Fevery

Hotel Fevery
Ranked #7 of 97 Hotels in Bruges
GreenLeadersPlatinum level
Reviewed 24 September 2012

Visited Bruges the 1st week of September and were very impressed with Hotel Fevery and its owner, Paul. It is located on a quiet street within walking distance of the center of town. Parking is available for a reasonable fee close by and wifi internet access is free. Rooms are small by U.S. standards with basic amenities but comfortable and very clean. The mainly continental breakfast was more than adequate with a very good selection of food from which to choose. Paul was very helpful and patient in making suggestions on what to see and where to eat and answering all our questions. It is an excellent value and I would definitely return if visiting Bruges again in the future.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Fevery, Owner at Hotel Fevery, responded to this reviewResponded 26 September 2012

Thank you very much for your kind review!
Hope next time we will be worth 5/5!
Remember to book direct and use the discount code on top of this page.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,224)

Reviewed 20 September 2012

My partner and I spent three nights at the Fevery in September, as the crush of summer visitors to Bruges was winding down ... but there were still large crowds in the city centre; we appreciated returning each evening to the quiet of the Hotel Fevery, about ten minutes' walk from the Markt. Paul Asselman, who owns and runs the hotel, provided personal, helpful, and attentive service throughout our stay. The room was immaculate. A good breakfast was included. We were impressed by the hotelier's many environmental initiatives, which earned the Fevery the distinction of being the first "ecohotel" in Belgium. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Greg G
Reviewed 19 September 2012

Just back from 5 days in Bruges, staying at the Hotel Fevery. Bruges is to die for, fabulous food, beer (at least 800 varieties!) historic sites, safe and a treat around every corner. Hotel Fevery was the ideal for us; just outside the main area (Market Square etc) about 10-15 mins stroll along the beautiful canal network. We booked direct with the hotel and well before we travelled Paul had sent detailed instructions for getting to the hotel as well as retaurant recommendations (we used 3 of these) and information about a tour we wanted to do. The hotel is in a quiet area and we slept excellently on the comfortable beds. Spotlessly clean and everything you need (the point of Bruges is to explore and return to a restful oasis which this was......if you want widescreen TV or corporate bling then it's not for you). Lovely fresh continental breakfast to set you up for the day (be warned that the locals prefer very weak tea as Paul explained "they just about show the tea bag to the water" (!) so ask for more bags....or have coffee). Paul was very charming and helpful in every way, even advising a local restaurant that it was our anniversary (which resulted in a free drink!). Highly recommended.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 18 September 2012 via mobile

My partner and I stayed here recently for my birthday weekend. We found the hotel easily enough and must admit that we were glad that it was sliightly out of the town centre as it does get quite noisy in the centre, and we could easily walk back to the hotel.
The breakfast included in the price was lovely. Not a big fried affair but who wants to start the day off on a stomach full of grease?! Cereals, fruit salad, yoghurt, fresh bread brought to our table.
Paul, the owner, who seems to be working 24 hours a day was very hospitable and answered our hundred questions regarding the area and would ask about our day on our return.
I read a few of the poorer reviews which complained about the size of the television and must say that if tv size is an issue when you go away then you might as well not bother and stay at home! There was so much to do in Bruge that we didn't switch the tv on.
The rooms are basic but there's nothing more you'd need on a trip away other than a bed and bathroom so that's not a major problem.
I'd recommend this hotel and if I were to return to Bruge I would stay here again. Excellent value for money and a hard working, friendly owner who cares about his guests

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed 17 September 2012

Hotel Fevery is in an excellent location within an easy, pleasant walk to the tourist centre and close to a lovely canal. The hotel is extremely clean and quiet, the beds are comfortable and Paul will help with any questions. Breakfast is plentiful and the free tea in the afternoons is very welcome. I would recommend the hotel to anyone looking for a peaceful, comfortable base.

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 September 2012

I stayed in at Hotel Fevery for 4 nights and can thoroughly recommend this hotel. It is rated as a 3 star hotel but if all hotels in this category were as clean and comfortable as this one we would all continually stay in 3 star properties!!

I made my original booking through an online site and received an email direct from Paul telling me the room I had booked was the smallest in the property but if I booked direct with him he could give me a bigger room at the same price.

The room was fairly basic in decor but extremely clean and the bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was quite large and included a full size bath.
Paul was very helpful with maps, information etc. He even offered me a prepaid bus pass which I used to come home at night after being out walking all day! I only paid for what I had used.
Breakfast didn't have a huge selection but everything was fresh and it was more than adequate.

I also liked the fact the hotel was away from the high tourist precinct and there are several good restaurants within a 5 minute walking distance. Paul recommended Tom's Diner to me. If it is still there when you visit I can highly recommend it.......fabulous food!!

I can't find any reason why you wouldn't stay at Hotel Fevery And I think everyone should visit Bruge, It is a wonderful little city. I hope to return one day.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank suzies1
Reviewed 13 September 2012

Situated near St. Gilliskerke (pay a visit!) and 10-15 min walking distance from the central plaza of Brugge, this lovely accomodation offers you a perfect place to stay, particularly if you have only one or two days available to visit Brugge.
The owner, Paul, is impeccable in welcoming and assisting you with very helpful indications on how touring in Brugge.
The rooms are very clean, spacious and luminous.
The breakfast is excellent.
Parking is not a problem because there is a spot in a garage nearby for a little extra-charge.
Very highly recommended !!!

Room Tip: Ask for rooms in the higher floors