“A nice stay”
Review of Lace Hotel

Lace Hotel
Ranked #90 of 97 Hotels in Bruges
Reviewed 10 May 2013

This was a lovely hotel rooms were very small and featured a bathroom much like you would find on a airplane very compact. Staff were very friendly and the location was amazing. Right in the centre of town. So great for shopping. I would recommend for a short stay.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled as a couple
There are newer reviews for Lace Hotel

Reviewed 10 April 2013

I booked a nights break in this hotel back in October 2011 for 2 couples. I booked through hotels4u and paid them when I made the booking.
The staff at Lace hotel did not bother to check if the room had been paid and charged me again full price for the 2 rooms.
I have been ringing them ever since and sent them multiple emails and despite admitting their faults to me and agreeing to pay me back they are yet to refund the €150.00. It is now April 2013.
I am not sure if this is some sort of scam the hotel is running but I would not stay here ever again because of this.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank 305AmyK
Reviewed 2 April 2013

We were pressed for time and so limited in choice. After reading many reviews we decided to take a chance and booked a superior double at the Lace Hotel.

Stirring sticks weren’t exchanged which I could tell from the previous guest’s lipstick stains. Coffee sachets weren’t topped up and the shower gel wasn’t replaced, we had double lotion bottles instead. The blinds had visible stains on them. There was also a rather unpleasant smell just under the surface. We aired the room to no avail. wifi was only available at the lobby and that was choppy.

On to the positive though. The room was quiet and tastefully furnished in a minimal but modern style. Most importantly the beds were very comfortable and clean, perfect to return to after a long day sightseeing. Clean, spacious bathroom with a good hot powerful shower. The room was cold but we turned on the heating and it warmed up very quickly. The blinds blocked out the sunlight so you got a long undisrupted sleep. Breakfast was a buffet; filling, varied and tasty with staff present to help with any needs. The hotel is wonderfully located, walking distance to all major attractions. You can leave your bags safely at reception after check out.

If the hotel paid attention to the details mentioned in the first paragraph I’d highly recommend it. Carelessness in service made it an average stay. Wouldn’t avoid but would rather try some place else. We had a comfortable if not memorable stay.

Room Tip: Our room was away from the square which made it a quiet option.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 27 March 2013

Despite reading the negative views of cold showers, dirty rooms and being overpriced, upon arriving at the hotel and my room I found this not to be the case. My room a normal single room was beautifully warm, spacious but more importantly clean! My only slight qualm is the showers could do with a little tlc but they were warm!! Breakfasts were good and the hotels central location makes it a great little boutique hotel in a beautiful city! Overall pleasantly surprised, the staff were friendly particularly in the brasserie ( where the food is great especially the Flemish stew)!! would definitely stay again!

Room Tip: Rooms facing over T'Zand ( main square) are a little noisy at the weekends but not that bad, goo...
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 27 March 2013

Ignore all the negative reviews! This is a lovely, clean and well kept hotel which offers fantastic value for money. The rooms were large and modern with comfortable beds; however the bathroom was a bit basic but still met all our needs. The only problem was for the noise, probably not helped by the fact my room looked directly over a night club and underneath were several bars but if you live in the city, this is nothing to get used to. The restaurant attached to the hotel was excellent serving delicious and generous portions of food, both traditional-Flemish and European. Breakfast was also excellent with a large variety of cold meats, breads fruits and drinks. The hotel and restaurant staff are also very friendly and helpful. Bruges is an incredible city and the hotel lies not too far from the central market square. One thing to look out for is the cost of restaurants both at the hotel and everywhere else-it is not cheap!
However the Restaurant at the hotel offers by far the best value for money over other restaurants we tried!
All in all a wonderful stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 11 March 2013

Having read some negative reviews, we were pleased to be given a throughly modern, quiet, well equipped room overlooking the cathedral. Perfectly comfortable, hot water, large shower, tea making facilities, adequate breakfast and a good restaurant attached. Excellent location Brugge is stunning. Recommend getting the Brugge City Card from the Tourist Office.Managed to sleep through the festival which lasted all night until 8.00am and witnessed phenomenal amounts of toilet rolls and confetti in the parks and the square the next day. Had we been in the front of the hotel our review may have been different.

Room Tip: Ask for third floor and back of hotel.
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 January 2013

If you want to be freezing in bed and unable to shower in the morning, stay here.
If you want a dirty floor and revoltingly out of place decor, stay here.
They've refurbed the deluxe rooms in swedish black wood, completely spoiling the building.
The cheap rooms are plain filthy, with cracked sinks and hardly any light. I suppose they don't want you to see the dirt.
The suite was a joke. There was a large bathroom which wasn't enclosed with a roof. You could hear, and smell, everything from the bedroom! It was definitely not what I would call a suite.
Staff are friendly but completely unable to make decisions, the manager is never there. We had no reduction in price even though 2 of our 3 mornings we woke to no heating or hot water.
I've never written a bad review before, I always praise the good. But this was appalling!!!!!!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends