“Basic hotel with a comfortable bed”
Review of Lace Hotel

Lace Hotel
Ranked #91 of 97 Hotels in Bruges
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I was visiting Bruges on a mixture of both business and leisure and opted to stay at the Lace Hotel for 5 nights. The hotel had an unmanned reception however 1 press of the call bell and someone arrived very quickly.

The room was very small (Room 9 on the 2nd Floor) it had twin beds pushed together however I had booked a single room so was pleased to get the extra bed space. The bathroom on the other had was very disappointing, it was an all plastic modular type (Imagine a caravan bathroom) with a tiny shower, cramped basin and cramped WC. This really needed upgrading on a hotel that costs over 80-90 Euro per night.

Breakfast was good, with a typical continental offering but all fresh and well presented.

Room was very clean, housekeeping was quick and thorough. I wouldn't stay again because of the bathroom, but location and price were pretty good.

Room Tip: Quieter rooms do not face the square
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank andyh2008

Reviewed 30 June 2014

This hotel was a fantastic little stop on our way around europe in a GREAT location close to everything. Our room was small but had everything we needed as we were out most of the day. Hotel staff were very friendly and helpfull. We have found memories of Bruges.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chelsea T
Reviewed 11 June 2014

Where to start? My girlfriend and me stayed at the Lace hotel and expected a friendly and quiet stay.

I tried to get in contact with them beforehand to check whether they offer a parking opportunity. No reply.

When we arrived (at 6pm) nobody was at the reception and we had to wait. Then the guy explained us our room is on the 2nd floor. It turned out it was on the 4th floor. Seemed like he didn't care at all.

We had a room on the top floor with roughly 30°C in the room, no AC. We felt like being in a sauna. Fair enough, it was hot outside as well, so bad luck.

The worst party was actually the night. Our room was on the front (towards the plaza) and just next to the hotel was a bar, which I would more call an open air club. The music and the people were that loud that we couldn't sleep. And it didn't end. We actually didn't find any deep sleep until 6 in the morning. Horrible. And our stay was on a Sunday.

The bathroom was also very cheap. It was actually a plastic room as you know it from a caravan or from an airplane. Definately not nice.

Apart from that: No remote control for the tv, two single beds instead of a double bed, no hair dryer, no WLAN in the rooms,..

The breakfast was actually the only good thing about the hotel. That was good for a 3 star hotel.

All-in-all I would not recommend this hotel to any friend. It was not even cheap (>100€).

Room Tip: If you really want to book this hotel, then go for a room in the back only.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mitch T
Reviewed 4 June 2014

Me and my wife stayed here for a weekend away and was amazed at how bad this hotel was..
No double bed. No bedside table. Bathroom was disgusting. Very annoyed that this hotel was nothing like the photos shown and not a 3 star hotel. Very noisy and wasn't the cheapest hotel I found. I advise people NOT to stay here.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Dan W
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed here in Mid may. There was a bit of noise from the restaurants and bars below, but it wasn't too loud. Location was great, walking distance to all major attractions. The staff was friendly and helpful. Overall a good value in Bruges.

• Stayed: May 2014
Reviewed 19 May 2014 via mobile

My partner and I visited over a weekend. The city is beautiful but the hotel is situated in the 'other' part... still a good location though not as attractive as a hotel on or near the water.

A 'double' room is 2 single beds pushed closed together with separate bed linens. When I politely told the receptionist I had booked a 'double room' yet I had what I consider to be a twin room, I was told very bluntly "they are all single beds". I then politely explained that they should make that clearer when booking, and was responded to with "I am not the manager" by the unfriendly woman on reception. In my opinion that's an incredibly unhelpful and unnecessary response from a member of staff working at the hotel!

The reception desk is rarely manned. You have to press a button and somebody comes down to reception to attend to you. A little odd.

We had a deluxe 'double room' which was clean and spacious. However there were marks on the walls from where furniture may previously have been leaning against.

The common parts of the hotel have seen better days. Paintwork in the corridors was chipped and generally run down. It seems like they take care in keeping rooms clean, but aren't too bothered about the other parts of the hotel. Very little care taken.

No wi-fi available in rooms, only in hotel lobby.

This is an average hotel to stay in, in a fairly good location. I wouldn't stay again, as for what we paid, there are certainly better places in Bruges.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 April 2014

Clean rooms, friendly staff and convenient for the beautiful sights. I'd certainly recommend the Lace hotel for a short break or business trip. Reasonable value too.
Park in the multi story opposite for €8 per day.

Room Tip: Go for the top floor overlooking the square.
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Review collected in partnership with BudgetPlaces