“Like a little fairytale!”

Relais Bourgondisch Cruyce - Luxe Worldwide Hotel
Ranked #4 of 97 Hotels in Bruges
London, United Kingdom
“Like a little fairytale!”
Reviewed 1 August 2012

The hotel is situated right on the water, opposite a great bar and restaurant. The view is spectacular, even from the room we stayed at, which was the side of the building. The room and hotel has old fashioned decor, interesting art, a huge bed and lovely bathroom. There is a homely quality to the place that was really quite special.

The service was fantastic - friendly, helpful and polite. They held our bags free of charge before and after checkout, suggested terrific restaurants to dine at and called a taxi for us when we left (checking up on the cab when it was slightly late). There is something slightly quirky about the staff that adds to the magic of the place.

I couldn't recommend the place highly enough

2 Thank Gareth B

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (226)
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 29 July 2012

Amazing hotel in the best location. Perfect for a romantic weekend. It is right on the center of Brugge but still feels very old world and quiet. Breakfast is superb. Rooms are wonderful and cozy. Not a bad thing to say about the hotel.

• Stayed July 2012
1 Thank haleww7
Welwyn Garden City, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 July 2012

I couldn't praise this hotel highly enough. So long as you don't need extensive facilities, it is beautiful, perfectly located and with unobtrusive staff who just seem to pop up if you need something. Our room although we booked a standard, was spacious, clean and with a view you would see on a postcard (literally). The breakfast yummy, but we had to pass on the waffles as we had no more room. Only tiny negative was no bottled water in room, but i'm sure if I had asked, it would have been there in seconds. Very romantic hotel, and for a quiet getaway in a picture book city, I would thoroughly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Ask for canal view when booking.
1 Thank Andrea O
Reviewed 25 July 2012

I agree with Londonfrancoise, I really like the place and its absolutely cute and great location.

I was travelling on my own and spent quite a bit of time in my room after long day of walking around. Very disspointed that I didn't get water replaced or even glass washed from previous night.

For the price, definitely would have liked breakfast (or at least a cup of coffee) included.. Also agree with the housekeeping of the room.

I booked a nice hotel because I was on my own and thought I might end up spending time in the room a lot since I don't like drinking alone at bars. There just wasn't much for me to do in the room so I ended up looking for excuses to head out at night on my own.

Overall, its still a lovely hotel with a wonderful location and view (if you get the superior facing the canal).

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 July 2012

Lovely hotel , just off the main square but feels secluded. Excellent concierge service, beautiful rooms, tastefully restored. We had a canal view room which looked over the water, really romantic, just watch out for the canal tour boats during the day though which stop outside to photograph the building (Colin Farrell stayed here) but not too intrusive. Centrally located so all of Bruges attractions are a short strolll. Excellent chocolate shop just over the bridge which has hot chocolate to take away as well as the usual great selection chocs. Only disappointment was the breakfast, all very pleasant and included champagne but I had hoped for something a little more special for 25euros a head. But I would definitely stay again as there was so much still to see in Bruges. Do make sure you make time to visit the groeningen museum , compact but fantastic collection of renaissance paintings

2 Thank Bonvoyagenewmalden
Reviewed 19 July 2012

We recently stayed 2 nights at this hotel for an anniversary weekend and it was indeed a lovely spot - right on the canal with views across the bridge, and the best bed I've slept in, in ages. The bed was very traditional, but well done, but I have to say I was a little disapppointed with the facilities.

It was a rainy weekend, and we often came back to the hotel just needing a cup of tea before the evening out-but the only thing in the room was a bottle of water (which wasn't even replaced on the second day!). The toiletries also weren't replaced on the second day (that might sound picky, but I've stayed in travel lodges more generous) and the room was only partially cleaned on the second day because the cleaner had gone by the time we were ready to leave it. Hmm. It was all a just a little disappointing, until I saw how much this 'treat' had cost... !!! And then it just made me wish we'd stayed somewhere else, where our money might have gone a little further! None of this I can tell the person who paid - so I'm sharing this with you instead... do your research. Ps, breakfast is NOT included. Again, for that money -it should have been.

3 Thank Londonfrancoise
Hayling Island, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 July 2012

This was our second stay in this wonderful hotel. We love it for many reasons, but especially for the staff. It is small and peaceful, a real haven to come home to after a busy day. The rooms are beautifully decorated and have a lovely cosy romantic feel to them and the toiletries in the bathroom are luxurious along with the bathrobes.it is the kind of place you don't want to leave when your holiday is over. It's position is perfect, right in the centre of Bruges with everything on your doorstep, but it's the personal attention from the small group of staff that make it special.

2 Thank Waleez