I am amazed that no-one else has posted about the dreadful noise problems with this hotel's location.
We had on the basis of the reviews, booked 3 nights but left yesterday after 1 night. Canalside rooms have non-stop noise from tour boat loudspeakers, the boats pass right under the windows and you are forced to hear every word of their commentary and watch the occupants taking photos of you standing in your room! This goes on every few minutes all day long, with departures from the nearby jetty! Reception assured us the racket generally stopped at 6.00 in the evening and then we would have 'silence'. Well, it stopped around 6.30 and we looked forward to a peaceful night on our return from dinner. Not so! Now the pub/club opposite took over, shouting and singing through to well after midnight. I went down to reception to complain. Obviously they were well used to this, immediately claiming they would call the police. I don't think for a minute that they did. For this, we paid €350. Added to this, Room 10, where we were, is adjacent to a public drinks area and canalside balcony, so you can imagine that didn't help. We couldnt even open the windows because of the incessant noise, although it was very warm. By the way, if you really still want to stay at this place, the windows, if they are opened, are very dangerous indeed if you have children with you.
I notice that other reviewers say the streetside rooms can be noisy too, so I am very glad we made the decision not to accept the hotel's offer to move us to a non-canalside room. The only thing I would say in mitigation is that this same problem of non-stop engine noise and loudspeaker racket from passing tourboats will probably to a greater or lesser extent affect every canalside central hotel. With this hotel, it's intolerable.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Romantic boutique hotel housed in extraordinary waterfront residence, decorated with antiques, objects of art and luxurious fabrics. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Odigeo, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), TravelUp, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and getaroom.com so you can book your Relais Bourgondisch Cruyce - Luxe Worldwide Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Relais Bourgondisch Cruyce Bruges
- Relais Bourgondisch Cruyce Hotel Bruges