The best thing about this hotel is its position, right on the canal in the centre of the tourist area, dozens of photos per minute being taken of it. BUT it is a bijou hotel and this can mean all sorts of things. I had booked a special week as a treat, no expense spared, but at over £300 per day without breakfast or food we were really let down.
Start with the room (their best) small, badly lit, difficult to read in bed, no room for an armchair to relax, just a window seat overlooking the canal. Free water and Wi-Fi but no refrigerator. Bathroom door could not stay closed (how did previous occupants manage?) but they did provide a quick botch job to hold it closed. There is no English TV available, and the bath dripped incessantly. A large chest was at the foot of the bed. No real use and it took a lot of the available floor space. No other room was available. We were given a free breakfast in compensation for the b'room door but this was worth £19 each, for a continental meal, the service to offer a cooked meal was so slow that we were on our way out. There were no other occupants of the dining room at the time. Nobody offered us champagne. Our room was always serviced quickly, early in the morning and I am sure was clean, but it was so dark that I really could not comment.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Romantic boutique hotel housed in extraordinary waterfront residence, decorated with antiques, objects of art and luxurious fabrics. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Cancelon, Evoline ltd and 5viajes2012 S.L. so you can book your Relais Bourgondisch Cruyce - Luxe Worldwide Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Relais Bourgondisch Cruyce Bruges
- Relais Bourgondisch Cruyce Hotel Bruges