We stayed here for one night on our way back from a skiing trip. Because it was off season (February) we got a discounted rate - just €155 for a standard room. At this price, I think it was reasonable value for money, but the standard room rate is rather high, even allowing for the superb location, especially as it doesn't include breakfast, which is €21.50 per person on top.
The hotel entrance is tucked away down a side alley, so you need to keep your eyes peeled for the sign (on the left hand side of the road) - it isn't that hard to spot, but it's not overly obvious, either. If you've booked a place in the parking garage, then pull over at the side of the road by the alley, and send someone in to the hotel. I went in and the receptionist came out to get in our car and show us the way - it would be far from easy to find otherwise. Incidentally, whoever said that the parking garage is just a public car park was wrong. I'm not sure what happened in their case, but the hotel has a number of reserved spaces in a private parking garage nearby, with a code to enter. Definitely not public.
Despite the hotel being in a very old building, there is a lift, so if you have trouble with stairs, don't worry. We stayed in room 15 on the first floor. Just a standard room - a pleasant-sized double with a good-sized bathroom with bath and shower. The decor wasn't entirely to my taste - very floral (and why, oh why, have they papered over the old beams?), but wasn't really objectionable. The view was over the alley, but because the building is slightly wider just there, there was a little side window which looked down the alley to the canal, which was a bonus.
The staff were, without exception, helpful and friendly. The location of the hotel is unbeatable, right in the heart of things, and with the breakfast room looking right out on the canal.
Breakfast was very good, but unless you had your fill of the champagne and quail's eggs, it wasn't really value for money. For just one morning, I didn't mind too much paying it, but I think if I was staying another night, I'd have looked for a local restaurant or cafe to save some money.
In summary, if I could get another good off-season price, I'd definitely go back, but if I could only get the standard rate, I'd be looking elsewhere.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Romantic boutique hotel housed in extraordinary waterfront residence, decorated with antiques, objects of art and luxurious fabrics. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ebookers, Travel Republic (UK), Priceline, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Relais Bourgondisch Cruyce - Luxe Worldwide Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Relais Bourgondisch Cruyce Bruges
- Relais Bourgondisch Cruyce Hotel Bruges