I have stayed at Relais Bourgondisch Cruyce before, but this was my Husband's first trip to Bruges.
Our travel agent tried to talk us into the Swan Hotel, but I stood firm on my choice. We were so glad that we were not dissuaded. (Update--the Swan annex is currently in the shadow of the construction of a new hotel and currently has a large crane looming over the Pergola Cafe.)
The staff couldn't be more attentive and our room (room 231 on the canal) was a delight. Yes, the rooms are not as large as some American rooms, but the charm of the hotel far outweighs any limitations that a smaller room presents. The bathrooms are quite modern with marble floors and a large tub. I can't imagine a better experience.
We opted for breakfast in the dining room on two of the four mornings and, although I have read other comments that it was not worth the money, I must remind you to take the weakness of the American dollar into consideration when you are evaluating the cost. Your choices are not restricted to the buffet--you may request any type of eggs, omlettes, pancakes, waffles, breakfast meats, etc. and they will happily prepare them to order.
The guides that they use are simply the best in the business and you will have an enjoyable, informative day and a wonderful memory of your visit.
Yes, the boats on the canal can occasionally be heard as they pass by your window (tours usually don't begin until 10:00 AM and end around 7:00 PM), but it is a momentary distraction and a confirmation that everyone wants to see this historic place--and you are staying there!
Granted, I stayed in the older, original section of the hotel--they have purchased the house next door and enlarged the lobby to accomodate this addition--but I still believe that the location, charm, and unbeatable ambiance will win your approval of this great hotel.
I would gladly stay there again and my Husband is now a convert as well.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Romantic boutique hotel housed in extraordinary waterfront residence, decorated with antiques, objects of art and luxurious fabrics. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), Traveltool, S.L.U., TripOnline SA, Cancelon, getaroom.com, HRS and Evoline ltd so you can book your Relais Bourgondisch Cruyce - Luxe Worldwide Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Relais Bourgondisch Cruyce Bruges
- Relais Bourgondisch Cruyce Hotel Bruges