“Shocked by other reviews of this restaurant”

Brasserie Strijdershuis
Ranked #630 of 768 Restaurants in Bruges
Price range: US$4 - US$40
Cuisines: Belgian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Brasserie Strijdershuis is located next to the Belfry of Bruges, in a historical building of which parts date back to the 12th century. Besides a selection of over 50 Belgian beers, a wide variety of hot drinks, soft drinks, alcoholic beverages, juices and milk shakes is available. The kitchen is open non-stop and offers snacks, pastas, salades, meat and fish dishes, Flemish specialties, pancakes and waffles. Brasserie Strijdershuis is as well an ideal location for group events, both private and professional.
Reviewed 6 April 2014

I was shocked to read other reviews of this restaurant,not our experience at all.We visited on a late Thursday lunchtime so it was fairly quiet,our waiter was polite and very helpful.My husband had rabbit in beer with prunes which he says was delicious and I had mildly curried chicken & pasta with apple which was very tasty.I had originally ordered sea bass but it was unavailable-waiter was very apologetic.He advised us on beers to have-didn't press for us to have the most expensive as has happened in other places.Nothing like other reviews at all.

Reviewed 31 March 2014

Typical tourist restaurant, would not come here again. And definitely would not recommend anyone. Overpriced, no proper coffee machine, bread was not fresh at all.

Reviewed 20 March 2014 via mobile

We saw the menu on the board earlier in the day & really fancied the 'welcome menu' which included the chicken Asian style, so i didn't check the TA reviews. When we arrived the restaurant was quiet but filled up a fair bit later. The waiter was great & the food excellent. I was shocked when I read earlier reviews - I guess this is where TA has its issues!

Reviewed 11 March 2014

Went in for lunch as we were just passing. Piece of glass in the olives to start. Waitress said she'd tell the kitchen but she never came back with any comment. We both ordered mussels with chips but the mussels were very gritty, couldn't eat them all as was afraid for my teeth, especially after the glass! The waitress said she'd tell the kitchen, then came back and said the chef had washed them 6 times so it must be the supplier's fault. She offered us free coffees, which we didn't want. I suggested she could take something of the bill but she didn't so we paid 42 euros for gritty mussels. The service was ok thought - probably because not surprisingly there were only 2 other people in there. Don't bother.

Reviewed 14 January 2014

We popped in for a few drinks only so no comment on food.
The service was good as were the drinks. Quite busy and nice atmosphere.