Hotel Prinsenhof Bruges
Ranked #2 of 97 Hotels in Bruges
Reviewed 31 January 2012

We chose this hotel because it was not an obvious chain hotel, and because many people had recommended it as being very friendly.
We really enjoyed it - we stayed three nights in January 2012 to celebrate my 65th birthday (and when the management discovered this they left me a nice gift in our room).
We had a delightful room at the back with a four-poster bed and a modern bathroom and separate toilet.
Everyone in the hotel was friendly and helpful, recommending and booking restaurants for us when needed. The hotel also gives you a voucher for a two-hour guided tour of the city - when we went there were only six on the tour and we had a very knowedgable and friendly guide.
We highly recommend Hotel Prinsenhof.

Room Tip: They are doing some development/expansion work, which didn't affect us but could be noisy if you...
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
4  Thank malawi40
Write a ReviewReviews (2,296)

Reviewed 30 January 2012

A group of 5 of us stayed at the Hotel Prinsenhof for my Sister's birthday from 20th - 22nd Jan and we were not disappointed! The hotel is down a nice quiet street and the outside of the building is lovely and well maintained. Check in was great and we were provided with a map which Peter marked up with the sights we requested.

We stayed in room 35 and it was absolutely gorgeous! The bathroom was lovely, the bed nice and big and we even had a small balcony which overlooked the courtyard :o)

We'd heard that Bruges is not a place for night-life but I have to disagree, of course it depends what you're looking for but if you fancy a good dance until the early hours try Coulissen - very cheesy music and very busy but had a fab time!

After our heavy night we were in the need for some serious food - I have to say the breakfast at his hotel is AMAZING! The breakfast room is very quaint and there was plenty of choice in terms of food....after trying most of it I can say it was all lovely even the fruit!

This is the first review I've ever written on Trip Advisor but our stay was so lovely I felt the need to. Peter on reception is very helpful and we met the owner (or one half I should say) on our last day who was very friendly. The hotel was like a home from home and the next time I visit Bruges I will most certainly be staying here :o)

Room Tip: I'm sure all rooms at this hotel are lovely but we stayed in room 35 and it was perfect!
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank Mrs B
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Great location, just a couple of minutes walk to the main square in Bruges. Also close to lively area for nights out. Very friendly and helpful staff. It was my bithday and they had given us a beautiful room and a little present was waiting for me inside. The breakfast was amazing with a great choice - even a glass of champagne if you wanted it! Would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Bruges and I will definitely stay there again on my next visit.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 28 January 2012

We stayed from 25 to 28 January 2012. The location is fantastic, the staff were really friendly and helpfully and the rooms were great. I would highly recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 27 January 2012

Wonderful staff, great hotel, central location, convenient to all amenities. Comfortable quiet rooms. Will certainly be back.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 24 January 2012

Pleasant service and responded well to a problem with the room, characterful room but an odd shape and lacking tea making facility.
Staff were exceptional

Room Tip: Ours was on top floor and was quiet and peaceful
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 23 January 2012

We have visited this hotel a number of times and we are always made to feel very welcome guests - almost like home! The staff are excellent and making you feel comfortable and help in everyway possible without becoming overbearing. We have always been greeted by a smile, the rooms are spotless, the breakfast fabulous. It is like a small, peaceful oasis in Bruge. We shall return again next year for some more rest and relaxation in such a pleasant and welcoming atmosphere.

• Stayed: December 2011, travelled as a couple