“Incredible service, impeccable room”

Hotel Prinsenhof Bruges
Ranked #2 of 97 Hotels in Bruges
London, United Kingdom
“Incredible service, impeccable room”
Reviewed 17 February 2014

I travelled as a single female. I am deaf and I informed the staff at reception of this. I was very pleased to note that all the staff seemed to have been informed of my deafness and they made an effort to speak clearly to me so that I may lip read.

The room was excellent. I overlooked the parking space. True, it is not a good view but the room was clean, warm and comfortable. I felt safe as a female travelling on my own. I would be very happy to stay again. The TV and DVD operated perfectly. I enjoyed my evening watching my own DVD. Wi-fI was excellent and the hotel provided the password upon check-in.

I asked for a coffee at the bar and received a coffee and biscuits and mini muffins for 3 euros- cheaper than local cafes.

Breakfast was amazing! Smoked salmon, sparkling wine, pastries, eggs, bacon, toast, preserves, fruit, juices.

I can't wait to return.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank APMama

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (338)
  • Turkish first
Poole, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 February 2014 via mobile

My husband found this hotel online & we were suitably impressed during our stay. The charming reception staff checked us in/out without any problem & recommended a restaurant to eat on our first night. We were upgraded at no extra cost to a superior room with spa bath. Interior decor is fresh & modern whilst in keeping with the historic period building. Hotel is just off the noisy central streets but near enough for everything to be reached a few minutes by foot - ideal! Only criticism would be that there are no tea/coffee making facilities in the room. However, the reception staff were always on hand to make fresh coffee in the bar area (although, of course, there is a charge for this). Would definitely stay here again.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Gnomelette
Florida
Reviewed 8 February 2014

Booked this because it was sold as most romantic inn in Brugges. It was clean and beautiful, and the staff was very helpful. . . But it was NOT romantic! Our room was off the parking lot in the back . . . But, the bed was amazing. The bathroom was great, and we slept like babies. Great location in this beautiful city - we walked to everything easily. I just had expected older and warmer . . . Maybe the rooms in the main house were different. Regardless, we would go back since we were pleased with cleanliness and quality. Nice to have parking available.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Softsoutherner
Reviewed 4 February 2014

Just returned from a weekend stay here. Originally we were worried as we had a room at the front of the hotel, but it's on a very quiet side street with almost no traffic and we certainly weren't disturbed by any noise, which was great. The place was smaller than I thought it would be (not that that is a complaint!) but beautifully decorated with a lot of attention to detail. Staff were very friendly and helpful.

The room itself was overhot but we just turned off the radiators completely (after some confusion with what turned out to be the aircon panel, which was centrally turned off). Room itself was fairly standard decor but bed was huge and comfy. The bathroom was the best bit - a massive deep Villeroy & Boch jacuzzi bath, separate shower/screened wet room, double sinks and almost the size of the bedroom! I'm not usually one to be particularly bothered about what the bathroom is like, but this was very standout!

Can't comment on the bar or restaurant as we didn't use either - I don't think I would have paid for breakfast though - at €19.50 was a bit steep.

Overall though a great hotel, would definitely come back here.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Morgie111
Barcelona, Spain
Reviewed 2 February 2014

Very sweet hotel in the heart of Bruges. We had a few problems when we were in the city and the owners and staff couldn't have been kinder or more helpful. If in Bruges again we would certainly return to stay at this hotel.

Room Tip: (Our room, 28, was less exciting in terms of color then the others we found which is the only negati...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

This is a very sweet hotel in a perfect location to explore Bruges. The hotel was a lot smaller than expected and seems to be lacking in staff as the person that checks you in is likely to also take your bags to your room and serve you at the bar. I didn't mind this as the staff couldn't have been more accommodating however it sort of lacked some atmosphere as it felt like the hotel wasn't very busy. We reserved a car parking space with the hotel very easily and on arriving we were made to feel very welcome. We received a free upgrade as we made the hotel aware of a special occasion in advance. This was a great treat. Our room was very cosy with a very comfortable bed and large bathroom. We didn't try breakfast at the hotel but the location where it is served looked very nice and I can imagine that the staff look after you well. Overall I could not recommend the hotel more for location and staff. The owners clearly care about their guests so I can see why the hotel has received such great reviews.

Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

We stayed at this lovey little hotel December 2013 as a part of trip to the Belgian Christmas markets. When we arrived we warmly greeted and informed that our room had been upgraded. The room was spacious and nicely decorated. The only slight problem being the location of the TV which made it hard to watch in bed (not that much of a problem as we were mostly out). The bathroom was clean, with double sink, bath jacuzzi and separate toilet and shower (there was a slight smell from the drain in the toilet but not enough to complain about). The location of this hotel is fantastic. It is only a short 5 minute walk away from the Markt and the Christmas markets making it easy to pop back if needed and head back out. The staff at the hotel are one of the highlights. Always friendly and willing to help with directions, ordering taxis etc. We will definitely stay again when we return to Bruges.

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple