“It doesn't get more Christmasy than this!!”

Hotel Prinsenhof Bruges
Ranked #2 of 97 Hotels in Bruges
Manchester
“It doesn't get more Christmasy than this!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 February 2011

I stayed at the Prinsehof mid December with my mum and sister. We got the train from Brussels after staying overnight in Brussels. We really enjoyed our stay in Brussels but you don't need more than 1 night. We stayed at the Marriott Brussels which was a nice hotel with perfect location. Some of the hotel prices are a little expensive though. We got the train from Brussels to Bruges (about 1 hour) and run like clockwork! We arrived at the Prinsenhof and were immediately greeted by staff who could not do enough for us. They explained that they could offer personal recommendations for excursions, places to eat etc which was really helpful considering that we wanted to get the most out of our stay. The hotel itself is very homely indeed, and the rooms are so cosy. It was like home from home and the beds were so comfy are a long day of sightseeing. Hotel is in a perfect location, pretty much central to all things going on in Bruges. The breakfast is pricey at 18 euros per person per day but worth it. The food is lovely and you can have a continental breakfast or full English - even the option of champagne if you fancy! The Olive tree restaurant come recommended by the hotel, as I'm vegetarian I loved the food here, lots of Mediterranean/Greek food. There are lots of nice restaurants, bars to eat at and they are so cosy with log fires. Every other place is either a chocolate or beer factory - my idea of heaven! There are lotsof lights, decor and Christmas trees all over Belgium, it's like fairlyland! If you want to try the nicest pancakes ever, there is a place at the rear or the hotel, not sure of the name but the pancakes are amazing and very good value. I would love to return to Bruges and would stay nowhere else than the Prinsenhof. It really does get you in the mood for Christmas staying here!

• Stayed December 2010

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (329)
Belfast, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2011

My girlfriend and I stayed at the Hotel Prinsenhof on the 28th and 29th of December 2010. I did a lot of research into the various hotels in Bruges before we booked and I am glad to say that I am so pleased that we picked the Hotel Prinsenhof. It is a beautiful hotel with very friendly and helpful staff. The location is ideal, close the main shopping streets and the square and not far from the bus/ train station. In terms of the hotel itself, the rooms were impeccably clean with a ‘turn down’ service provided in the evenings. Overall, I would thoroughly recommend this hotel to anyone that was thinking of travelling to Bruges and I would certainly agree that it deserves its 1st place ranking in terms of hotels in Bruges!!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
London, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 January 2011

My wife surprised me for a weekend away to Brugge for our 2 year anniversary. My wife mentioned this at the time of the booking but forgot about it. When we arrived we were treated to a bottle of champagne! Our room was luxurious (Room 30). We had a jacuzzi! The staff were so friendly, helpful and attentive to all our needs. Amber was great!

Breakfast was amazing! We spent at least an hour in the mornings eating and sipping champagne! I will never forget this trip. Thank you Hotel Prinsenhof!

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2011

In celebration of our 20th wedding anniversary, my husband and I decided on taking a second "honeymoon" and revisited Brugge and Hotel Prinsenhof. From the minute we inquired about reservations to the minute we checked out, we were treated like long lost family! We were warmly welcomed back with much enthusiasm by owners Thierry and Katrien Lemahieu - Soenen and all their wonderful staff. A celebratory bottle of champagne, Belgian chocolates and fresh fruit awaited us in our room - the same room we stayed in 20 years earlier - only exquisitely updated!! Elise, Nele, Pieter and all the staff were extremely friendly and accommodating - even helping us to find a small picturesque bridge we had photographed on our original honeymoon. All the outstanding amenities were of the highest quality and our stay was better than either of us had anticipated. The Prinsenhof is beautiful, quaint, clean, comfortable and wonderfully compliments the overall surroundings of this truly amazing city. Our only hope is that it is not another 20 years before we come back to this charming hotel. We loved, loved, loved it!!!!
Dr. and Mrs. Richard Ruggieri
Rhode Island, USA

• Stayed September 2010, travelled as a couple
Harpenden, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 January 2011

The staff at the Prinsenhof could not be more helpful and all did their utmost to make our stay truly memorable. We went to celebrate my husband's 50th birthday, with our children (in their 20's) and we could not fault it. The location is central but peaceful, the rooms - all different - are beautifully furnished and of generous proportions. The bathrooms were all fabulous. Cleanliness is faultless and the buffet breakfast had everything we all wanted. We have stayed in similar hotels in other European cities but would certainly rank the Prinsenhof at the top!

• Stayed January 2011
1 Thank emma_bresslaw
Scotland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 January 2011

This was the third time that my husband and I have stayed at the Prinsenhof and I have no doubt that we will return. The staff are very friendly, the location is excellent and the service is superb. We also thoroughly enjoyed the breakfast selection. Nice touches are the turn down service with a chocolate on your pillow and the weather forecast for the next day and, in the morning, a news sheet in your own language about your home country. While the room rates are expensive, we looked into the cost of the various packages on offer when booking directly with the hotel. We chose one which included museum entrance and breakfast and thought it particularly good value when pricing up the options individually. My one criticism is that there are no tea and coffee making facilities in the room although hot drinks are available from the bar which you can take to your room.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled as a couple
Prague, Czech Republic
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 January 2011

We already were in this hotel in August 2010, and we liked so much, that we decided to spend our Christmas time in Hotel Prinsenhof! We arrived there on the 23rd of December and stayed for 4 amazing nights!:) If someone becomes a fan of some music bands or singers or actors, so about my family, we become a fans of this town and this hotel! Brugge is amazing city!!! It's something special!!! Brugge like a magic place, where you want to be again and again and again...
Hotel Prinsenhof is really wonderful hotel! I don't know how to discrube it right :) because this Hotel doesn't have any flaws, it's Perfect! Each of the hotel staff is very friendly and kind, all of them ready every minute decide any your problems and wishes! And, of cause, I recommend it to everybody, who are going to spend their time in one of the magical places in the world - in Brugge!!!

• Stayed December 2010, travelled with family