“Enjoy a beer by the canal”
Review of 2be Beer Wall

2be Beer Wall
Ranked #1 of 76 Shopping in Bruges
More attraction details
Owner description: In this 15th century mayor's house you can find, within the fullness of old and new architecture, our range of Belgian products. A variety of beer, chocolates, biscuits, t-shirts, etc. After visiting our permanent exposition "All Belgian Beers" in the Beerwall, you can enjoy at our terrace, one of the most beautiful canal views of Bruges with one of our Belgian drinks in your hand. 2Be-Shop open every day from 10.00h till 19.00h 2Be-Bar open from 10.00 till 19.30hour(last call)
Reviewed 31 July 2014 via mobile

I was told I needed to stop by here for a beer when in Bruges so I did. Just a warning, it's not easy to find, even with GPS! If you're looking at the belfry (bell tower), walk down the street to the left of it, just before you get to the end of the second block, on the left side of the street will be a narrow passage way with a sign to the wall (if you've crossed over the canal you've passed it). Once there you can choose from numerous beers for reasonable prices. For such an extensive wall the seating is rather limited, so if it's a nice day you might have to wait a bit, just because people sip and linger. It's a nice change of pace from what I'm used to in the USA.

Reviewed 29 July 2014

Amazing setting for a nice beer or two. The Kriek Boon cherry beer on tap comes highly recommended. The Kwak is good to have for the novelty glass it is served in and there are quite a few other bottled beers. Right on the canal and you can people watch, boat watch, or swan watch or just get drunk and merry...whatever suits your fancy. You will probably end up in 1000s of photographs as it is right in the line of sight for the most photographed spot in Bruges.

The staff is unbelievably rude and disinterested judging by other reviews of the place, must be a prerequisite to apply for a job here. There was a guy bartender who seemed to be friendly enough but most of the other staff is women for some reason and all were rude and arrogant, without exception.

The Beer Wall itself goes on and on and on and is fun to click and look at...have a look at the beers and their glasses. Their adjoining gift shop is way too overpriced but well worth a look around.

Reviewed 27 July 2014

Come in spend your money, oh but we will be rude and arrogant, that was my experience here, not just to me but to the Spanish lady before me, who was just asking the young blond girl behind the bar to help her with the choice of drinks, I first thought she was just rude to the lady because she didn't speak the same language, most tourists don't speak the the language of the country they are visiting and spending money in, but no it was also to me as well, I asked if the beers on tap were the ones on the cards hanging from the ceiling, won't lower my self to repeat her arrogant answer, then I politely asked if she could recommend a local beer to try, well then the rude arrogant attitude kicked in, wow if you don't like tourists don't work in the tourist industry, I simply turned around walked out and spent my hard earned money at some of the other many pleasant places in this wonderful place of Bruges.

1  Thank swampyc
Reviewed 22 July 2014

We loved the 1000+ beer bottles and glasses displayed behind glass on the way in, the lovely taster 'plate' of four beers for the uninitiated and the wonderful veranda overlooking the canal with canal boats passing every minute or two, watching the world go by with a beer. What's not to like?

Reviewed 21 July 2014

This place has a lot of character and the best choice for beers in town. The prices were reaonable and there are water facing tables outside.