“Seminar and good sleep facility”

St Christopher's Inn at the Bauhaus

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Monterrey, Mexico
Reviewed 6 March 2014

You know that you're going to a hostel, but I have to say it was nicer than I thought. It was really cheap for a double room and clean. There's no wifi in the rooms (which I found annoying because most of the hostels have wifi) but you can use it in the bar. We had free breakfast (bread, cereal and juice). The service wasn't the best, the staff was friendly but it took them ages to arrive to the front desk because they were working in the bar behind the hostel.
The place is full of young travelers. It is a good option if you want to save money.

Room Tip: No elevators.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Nijmegen, The Netherlands
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Nice hostel with friendly staff. All highlights at walking distance from the hostel. Clean rooms and bathrooms and nice beds. We even got a free city tour by staff of the hostel. Nice bar downstairs with a good atmosphere. We only paid about 17 euro's per person, so we were pleasantly surprised by the value we got for it.. I definitely recommend you to stay here.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
Heidelberg, Germany
Reviewed 21 February 2014

I was pretty impressed with the quality of this hostel, considering I paid about 38€ for a twin room. We had a small toilet + shower inside the room, the beds were already made and there was a welcome package with coffee, tea and a few cookies. The location is pretty good, it's a 30-45 minutes walk from the train station (which is located in the other corner of Brugges), less than 15 from the main squares, the breakfast has good quality and variety considering it's included in the inexpensive price. It also has a pretty cool bar with wireless and some discounts if you've rent a room. In general, it was a pretty pleasant experience, thanks!

Room Tip: Spend some time on the bar. It has free wireless and a cool vibe.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Newcastle, Australia
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

Friendly staff, very clean dorms and bathrooms. Great water pressure in showers. Curtains on most beds with charging stations on each bed. bar downstairs with good music and atmosphere. Would stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014
Paris, France
Reviewed 4 February 2014

If you are heading to Bruges and are looking for a clean, cozy, lively, well-priced hostel not far from the city center, look no further than St. Christopher's. From the minute we stepped inside we were warmly welcomed by the staff. We arrived almost 3 hours earlier than the stated check-in time, but the manager graciously let us take part in the free breakfast AND showed us to our room early.

We had a clean rooms and a clean community bathroom, and the pod beds were nice and private. The charging stations in each pod were an added bonus. The rooms did smell a bit odd because of the close proximity to the bathroom & we couldn't get wifi in the room, but these were very minor issues. Another high point - the happy hour is literally ALL DAY, so there's always something going on in the bar area. The staff was really helpful as far as recommendations for activities go, & on our last day there they let us check out but store our bags free of charge all day. I've certainly been in hostels where this was not the case. It's an easy walk into the city, the free maps are awesome (and hilarious) & the staff were all friendly. The whole experience was a pleasant surprise for my 3 friends and I.

Definitely worth looking into on your own trip to this beautiful city - this hostel isn't perfect, but it's pretty damn close.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank caterenee
Salamanca, Spain
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I'd like to say first that I don't think Bruges offers many other options. However I'll tell you what was good and bad.

I was disappointed by the quality of the hostel. The staircase smelled of poo. The washrooms only had one functioning shower each when there were clearly more unused. My bed's curtain was broken and there were clear dirty footprints on the wall of my cubby. My key suddenly didn't work my last day after midnight and I couldn't find a staff member for 10 min. No wifi in the room was very inconvenient. The door leading into the building with the rooms had a broken lock and could be easily opened by anyone. The hostel was farther than the center than I thought-- I didn't make the trip more than I had to.

However, the breakfast was very decent and the atmosphere in the bar was excellent. It's a great place to meet people, but don't expect too much from the actual 'hostel' part of your stay (sleeping and using the washroom).

• Stayed February 2014