1,207 results
All reviewsno liftcanal levellovely hotelold buildinglisted buildingoverlooking the canalbreakfast roomshower headhand held showerwalls are paper thinthe main squarebreadwooden beamssmall barno air conditioningquiet locationsuperior room
Reviewed 7 June 2012

The Hotel Ter Brughe is situated a bit out of the main areas you would want to see, but it's literally a 4 minute stroll to get to the main market square (and you would already have passed plenty of restaurants to get there). It is in a very quiet area of Bruges. We walked from the train station to the hotel which took about 20 mins, but I would recommend taking a taxi as the streets in Bruges are all cobbled which makes for a very noisy walk with your wheeled luggage. We took a Taxi back which cost €10.

Reception and our welcome was excellent. Very polite and very helpful, happy to look after our luggage (we arrived early) and point us in the direction of some local food.

We stayed for a couple of nights, originally booked a standard room but were apparently upgraded. We ended up in a room in the basement over looking the canal (room 32).

On walking down to our room, those with a sensitive nose (e.g. me) would be able to smell a little bit of mustiness but actually inside the room it was perfectly fine and you could no longer smell it even though the floor of the room must be below the canal water line. The room was large and very clean, the television was small and old with no English channels on it, the beds have seen some action, it was a little dark with one small window. The bathroom was a good size with an excellent bath although no standing shower (Mrs Chunkylover said she wanted to come back just for the bath, apparently its dimensions and shape were perfect). It could get a little stuffy throughout (especially after a bath) as the extractor fan is past its best. The room was incredibly quiet, which is perfect (a little sound in the bathroom which must be through the ventilation system connections). Overall very pleased with the room, after all it's just a base for exploring but it was much better than average.

There's a little public area on the ground floor which has some seating and a small bar all priced reasonably for the area. Buffet breakfast in the morning was nothing special, but certainly enough choice to fuel you through to lunch.

Overall was very pleased with our choice in the Hotel Ter Brughe. If I were to return to Bruges on a mid ranged budget then I would certainly stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Chunkylover53__x
Reviewed 19 May 2012

I have just returned from a 3 night break at this hotel, it was a real find, very friendly staff, excellent breakfast with plenty of choice, the room was a good size with a bright clean modern bathroom and the hotel is in a superb location. My only criticism is the lack of tea and coffee making facilities in the room and it is for this reason only that I am not sure if I will stay here next time I visit Bruges and is the only reason I could not give the five stars it otherwise deserves

Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Jan A
Reviewed 19 May 2012

The hotel is positively charming and located in a perfect spot, away from the hubub of the market area but close enough to be within walking distance of everything. We arrived just in time for the Pageant of the Holy Blood (always in May) which is the longest continuously held religious pageant in Europe (700 years). Consequently, there were a LOT of people in town but our hotel was perfectly quiet.

We'd stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the canal. The views are charming.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Raphjh
Reviewed 18 May 2012

Stayed two nights and really enjoyed it! Location was great and quiet on the canal side. I'd say it took us 5-7 minutes to get to the center. We had a canal view (beautiful), and the bedding was so comfortable. Breakfast was great (cereal, yogurt, eggs and many types of rolls and croissants. I would stay here again in the heart beat. Quick tip if you get into the train station and the tourist office is closed, they have a vending machine outside and for .50 euro they provide a great map. Only complaint was the shower, no curtain or anything (knew that before booking though).

Room Tip: Canal view is a must
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Dawn S
Reviewed 15 May 2012

Had a 2 night stay in the Hotel Ter Brughe over a weekend and it was a perfect hotel. Close enough to all the main attractions in Bruges to easily walk everywhere but far enough away for it to be relaxing. The room was excellent, lovely view of the canal, big bath and fantastic period features (as well as free wifi).

Breakfast was 'no frills' but all you could need to start the day (a little more fruit might be nice though). Excellent service for the staff who were polite and freindly. I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Stayed: May 2012, travelled as a couple