“Great find by accident”

66 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 115 helpful votes
“Great find by accident”
Reviewed 10 June 2014

We were strolling along looking for a place to have a coffee at around 10.30am. This place looked rather interesting and went in for that coffee and started talking to the owner about beer - he is really friendly and knowledgeable. The coffee was great and locals were drinking beer early in the morning. He had beers from round the world that his regular customers had brought back to him. Apparently he has a store of special beers and has special sampling nights. I was fascinated to see he brewed his own. Sadly we were leaving Bruges a couple of hours later so have not yet sampled his beer.
As others have said it is fairly rustic - the tiny eating area is somewhat dimly lit.
I will definitely go here on my next visit

Visited June 2014

Carmarthen, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“An expereince”
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Came across this place whilst looking for another drinking hole. How do I explain this place, a little untidy but plenty of character. It sells beer to take away at the front of the shop and a small seating area and bar at the rear. Rudi the owner gave us a great welcome and had a great wealth of knowledge regarding Belgium beer. He boasted that he has just started brewing his own beer ironically named 'Bierboom' which my wife and I sampled and was beautiful, so much so we bought a few bottles to bring home. It its a pleasant 10 minute walk from the main market in Bruges and its prices are considerably cheaper than it the city centre at 2.5 euro per bottle (take away beers I bought were 2 euro). Rudi even gave us advise regarding other bars in the city including Le Trappiste, which we also enjoyed.

Visited December 2013
Honolulu
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great Brewer!!”
Reviewed 2 November 2013

Walked thirsty & asked for the most rare beer, and he gave me his own personal brewed beer.

And then BAM!!!! The greatest beer and walked out happy. The beer was only 2.5 Euros. Price is great, and great place to just hang out for a beer. Will comeback to this place

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Billy K
Stoke-on-Trent, United Kingdom
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“The Best Beer Bar/Shop in Brugge”
Reviewed 7 February 2013

There are many good beer bars and shops in Brugge...De Kelk (next door almost), 't Brugs Beertje, De Garre, Cafe Rose Red and Poatersgaat are all examples. But Rudy's Bierboom is the one I keep going back to. It's a bit 'rural' inside, as are the toilets, but I love it and wouldn't have it any other way!

As many others have said, I first found Bierboom by accident when looking for the supermarket and De Kelk nearby. I'm glad I found it. Rudy and Christine are great hosts and their selection or beers are fantastic. There are many to choose from, some that you won't find anywhere else in Brugge. What's more, the prices here are at least half the price of anywhere else.

By all means go to the other bars and beer shops in Brugge, but beer lovers should always go to Bierboom.

Visited February 2013
Canterbury, United Kingdom
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Great little gem!”
Reviewed 23 July 2012

We found this shop by accident, and I'm so glad we stumbled upon it. The family that owns it helped us pick out several different bottles, and we drank them in the shop. Very friendly owners, beer is a great price, and it's off the beaten tourist track. GO HERE if you love trying new beers!

Visited July 2012