“Wonderful place”
Review of Aquarel

Aquarel
Reserve with
Aquarel is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #60 of 710 Restaurants in Bruges
Price range: US$11 - US$28
Cuisines: Belgian, Dutch, European
Good for: Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Local cuisine, Child-friendly
Dining options: Brunch, Lunch, Drinks, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Digital Payments, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Description: A cosy restaurant, in the city center of Brugge - Bruges. On a square with no traffic serving fresh qualitative food. Every customer is welcome ! Not open in the evening ! Each day from 11 till 17 h, except for Thursday, and during the period of 1 january till 15 march we are also closed on wednesday. Free WIFI ! All credit cards accepted : Mastercard, Visa, Amex, Maestro, Bancontact.
“Wonderful place”
Reviewed 17 August 2014

We had the pasta, and some local beer. It was really good! The owner was nice. It has free wifi and great food. What more could you want?!?!?!

• Visited August 2014
Erwin D, Owner at Aquarel, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Hi

Many thanks for your review ! The whole team enjoyed it ! Each day we make people happy with a smile, with great fresh food, and making it an unique experience in our own way !

We were glad that you enjoyed and we hope to see you again soon.

Erwin & the Aquarel team

• Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Bruges, Belgium
“don't miss this place!!”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

the best meal we had in Europe!
we took a seat outside and a lovely smiling lady took our order.I'm French and my two friend are form America, her language skills are impressive. she can speak more than 4 different languages.
We took the salmon, the sole and the irish rib eye.
it really was just amazing!! everything was made to perfection. the portions are more than enough.
the owner should be very lucky, he has a perfect mix, a great location and a team to be proud of.
i saw them talking and laughing outside when the chef had a cigarette and it's amazing when kitchen team and other staff gets along (i work in a restaurant myself so i know)
I will come back for sure!!
don't miss this place guys!

3 Thank henderson b
Erwin D, Owner at Aquarel, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Good morning,

we enjoyed reading your review, and it is a pleasure for the whole staff to work together in harmony so that customers enjoy their stop with us.
All dishes are made with fresh ingredients and this is very much appreciated by our customers.

We hope to see you again, very soon.

Erwin and the Aquarel team
Brno, Jihomoravsky Kraj, Czech Republic
“Delicious lasagne”
Reviewed 29 July 2014

Today we visited Brugges and had a lunch outdoors in Aquarel restaurant. Staff was very profesional and fast. We ordered lasagne bolognese and local croquettes and didn´t have to wait for the meal long. Lasagne was delicious and the size of the meal could be even for two. Croquettes with salad and bread was quite opposite - it was good too but for price 12 euros the size of the meal should be different... Anyway we enjoyed our lunch there and definitely would recommend it!

Erwin D, Owner at Aquarel, responded to this review, 31 July 2014
Good afternoon,

we thanks you for visiting our restaurant in the city center of Brugge. As you have noticed and tasted we do only serve fresh food prepared with fresh ingredients. All dishes are home made. We take your remark regarding our croquettes into consideration.
We look forward seeing you again.

Erwin.
“It can be better. ...”
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

I went here due to Trip Adviser reviews. One of the review was marked as 1 star and somebody was asking that person what was wrong in order to improve the service. That somebody probably is the owner and it's a great feeling to know that somebody cares. So I took my chance and had the lunch there because the owner cares. One guy served me. I took a steak and a draft beer Stella A. The beer was a bit like water so I suggest to forget about draft in here and ask directly for the bottle. It is a bit harder to mix it with water in a bottle. Nothing special about the steak as the taste was mostly given by the mushroom sos and salad. At the end I asked for a vanilla ice cream. A blond young girl took the order. That was the moment when the movie was over. I waited and waited. A second blond girl came to my table to ask me if I want something else. I told her about the ice cream order. I saw her talking with the other girl and by the way she started to move her hands I knew that the game is over. Finally the guy came, I stopped the ice cream order and ask for the bill. No problem and thank you was the answer. I guess we were both happy with the final. I didn't let any tip...I let those guys to wonder why. Also the final fee on my bill was not quite cheap, almost 28 euros for a draft water beer and a steak.... I doubt that this restaurant deserve 5 stars given on some reviews in here. The place is not very bad, but not very good either. If somebody in here is complaining that the service is slow than I think it is like this. You see the guys running up and down. ..and still nothing is happening. The owner still have some work to do for sure. According to me, if you missed this place, there is nothing to feel sorry about.

1 Thank Ray B
Erwin D, Owner at Aquarel, responded to this review, 21 July 2014
Dear Sir,

many thanks for your review. I do remember you well coming into our restaurant and asking a seat inside, in the corner near the window (table 6) and also requesting electricy to charge your battery of your mobile, which we did, and asking for free wifi, which we offered.

First and for all, the beer you requested was a Stella Artois 50 cl, afer seeing our menu,as also the price of 5.60 eur.. Our draft beer is never, ever mixed with water, and served as supplied by the brewery. Adding water would be a federal offence, and we are definitely not doing this.

You did not order another beer, and definitely not a bottled beer. (the total sum paid was 27.6 eur - see your bill)

The steak, a 250 gr piece of delicious meat, including fries and salad was ALL finished when I cleaned your table. Also here you ordered by seeing the menu with prices being 22 euro.

Yes, my student got the order dor the ice cream and forgot to pass it on. I came to your table, and gave my excuses for this on which you replied to cancal the order for the ice cream. As such I knew that this went wrong, for which i again apologize.

I invite you again to test my beer, as my food was definitely oke as you ate all.

Sorry for the forgotten ice cream order (even on busy day when you came, it should not have happened).

You are welcome to contact me. Best regards,

Erwin.
Melbourne, Australia
“Gluten Free Heaven”
Reviewed 13 July 2014

Sitting at a table for two under a big green umbrella watching the passing parade of people walking around Brugge we were well looked after by the owner of the restaurant. He was friendly, helpful, efficient and attentive to our needs. His menu even labelled gf which is a rarity in Brugge. The meal was great and we welcomed us the next day when we retured. A very popular restaurant in the Simon Stefan Square is worth a visit. My husband ate from the regular menu and returned for a coffee and magnificent Apple strudel, ice cream and cream. Be aware that this restaurant closes at 5pm.

1 Thank vicanago
Erwin D, Owner at Aquarel, responded to this review, 14 July 2014
Good morning,

many thanks for your review and it was our pleasure to serve you. Yes, our menu mentions already vegetarian and glutenfree meals, as we have improved it for the next edtion to lactose free also. All people are welcome and we adapt where possible our meals for them, and this on short notice.

we look forward seeing you again @ our restaurant soon ! Best regards,