“A very pleasant stay”

Ranked #10 of 97 Hotels in Bruges
Mexico City
“A very pleasant stay”
Reviewed 11 November 2012

I was looking for a hotel near the Belfort and thought Adornes might be a little too far, but it turned out to be in a very good location. Part of the charm of Bruges is just to walk on the streets and it’s an easy walk from Adornes to the Belfort and the Markt.

My room was clean, had a small TV and a view to the canal. It had a good mix of contemporary and traditional decoration. The breakfast was included, it was good and it was served in a nicely decorated room.

They gave me a discount card that is given to people that stay in a Bruge hotel and you can use it in various attractions. I did use it for the canal tour, unfortunately I forgot to use it the next day at other attractions! Don’t you.

The service was very friendly and they provided me with good recommendations when I asked about where to buy souvenirs. I only stayed one night but they allowed me to use the free bike all the next day too until I left town.
So Adornes is a very good option to stay in Bruge.

Bonobo Apart hotel seemed like a good value option but it had no rooms available.
I had the chance to look at The Relais Bourgondisch Cruyce hotel during my stay and it is in a great location and it looks like a great option, very “Bruge” ambience. It was out of my budget this time so I didn’t consider it, but if you can, you should.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
9 Thank viajer0mx

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (133)
  • Greek first
  • Turkish first
UK
Reviewed 6 November 2012

A 3 star hotel with 5 star staff! We had a great time at the Hotel Adornes. Cosy rooms, perfect location over looking the canal, helpful, jolly and attentive staff. I highly recommend it! There are bikes available for use and only a short walk to the centre of town. If I go back to Brugge I will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
7 Thank CJUK001
Westlake Village, California
Reviewed 6 November 2012 via mobile

We stayed at the Adornes two years ago.We arrived on a hot July day after a long trip without our luggage which was left in Atlanta. We were tired and miserable. Our room was on the top floor with a view of the canal. It was hot and we wanted to leave, but Natalie brought us three fans to cool our room. The next morning we had a lovely meal in the charming breakfast room. Then after sightseeing all day and getting drenched, Kim dried our clothes for us and then carried our luggage upstairs after being delivered by our airline. We knew we had made the right choice to stay. We loved the location and bikes.

• Stayed July 2012
6 Thank karenla06
colorado
Reviewed 5 November 2012

This is a lovely small hotel with modern rooms, spotless and good sized. The staff is very helpful and it overlooks a canal. It is very quiet yet only about an 8 minute walk to the Old Square (Grote Markt).

Room Tip: Some rooms face the canal. If you want one of those you should request it. There is no elevator as i...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
5 Thank ColoradoVirginia
sevenoaks
Reviewed 5 November 2012

Lovely welcome, nice room, good breakfast in very cosy room with lovely log fire. Good location with added bonus of nearby undergroundparking. Great city for a short break...we travelled by car from calais and was easy for one night . start off with a canal boat trip then just wander. Would recommend the red rose cafe as a great place for a beer ...or two....

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
5 Thank SevenoaksFrankiep
Paris, France
Reviewed 5 November 2012

This is my third time at Hotel Adornes in Brugge, and once again, it's been a fantastic place to stay! The staff are wonderful and are extremely helpful. There are bikes to use for free and the hotel is located in a beautiful area only a moment's walk from the main part of town (main square). There's some great cafes nearby which are, (I think) better value and better quality than those in the town centre. The hotel is beautifully decorated and I always sleep very well here. If you're a light sleeper, ask for a room off the road - it's not like there's loads of traffic, but the cobble stones on the street cause the car wheels to throw off more noise.

The hotel fronts onto a canal with ducks and white swans. A short distance along a street behind the hotel is the oldest pub in Brugge and a little further is a bike path that goes all the way around the village past windmills, museums and little restaurants.

Some have commented that the breakfast is light. I found it more than enough: it's buffet style with fruit, cereals, a huge basket of bread, coffee, tea, yoghurt, cold meats and cheeses.

Highly recommended! I love this place and will stay here next time I'm in Brugge.

Room Tip: If you're a light sleeper, ask for a room away from the road.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
6 Thank smileyfeet
Ottawa
Reviewed 2 November 2012

When we first arrived we were given an incredible welcome, the gentleman gave us a map with a million things to see and do. He even added his own, described places, had print outs on the wall of every event in Bruges for the day and then gave us recommendations for restaurants to stop by. How can you not smile with this kind of service even before getting your room? The room itself was nice and comfortable but having the only negative thing was a lack of shower. It had a shower attachment in the bathtub. The location was great and you could stroll down the canals to anywhere in the city. You could also borrow any of the bikes to tour around and see the windmills or just peddle about. The breakfast was buffet style and was excellent. The bread was great and fresh, as was the individual pot of coffee. There was delicious yoghurt and fresh fruit, as well as the typical meats, eggs and cheeses. Loved the place without a doubt.

Room Tip: Listen to their recommendations for restaurants. All were perfect.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple