All reviewsfree bikesbread basketoverlooked the canalyogurtminute walklovely hotelbreakfast room istrain stationtop floorstreet noiseloved this hotelsmall roomwould definitely stay here againcold meatswonderful breakfastside streetquiet location
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Great location, great staff, charming little European style hotel. Rik at the front desk knows it all, he is so welcoming, will help you out with anything, super friendly which is a rarity at hotels in Europe at times. And FREE BIKES! Yes you heard it free! Also their breakfast was included in the price which they put on a good spread. The rooms are pretty basic euro-style rooms, not a lot of extras but for the price, location, and overall wonderful staff this is definitely a great deal. I would absolutely come back to stay here. Also they are super helpful when you want to make reservations and finding you a great restaurant.

1  Thank detroityeager
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This was our second stay at Hotel Adornes and we loved it! The hotel is clean and has comfortable beds. It even has a bathtub! They offer a high quality breakfast in a lovely breakfast room. The whole hotel has touches of old antiques and yet touches of modern, too! A wonderful place to relax and soak in Brugge!

2  Thank JanTweedy
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I had a tough time choosing a hotel in Bruges...there were so many from which to choose, and it was hard to find the right combination of cost, qualities, location and satisfactory reviews. After much research, I settled on Hotel Adornes, and it was a very good choice. It was in a wonderful location. Bruges is not a large city to begin with, but this hotel, by the side of a canal, was bascially 10 minutes to the square, the windmills, the most picturesque canal, the Burg...so very convenient. Rik, our host, was more than helpful...he knew exactly where he wanted to send us, and his restaurant recommendations were both terrific. We had a room on the first floor (Room 2, I believe), and at first, I had mixed feelings about it. It was *right* on the street, there was no buffer space at all. During the day when we were there, opening the windows for the nice breeze was fine, but at night...no way. However, once we discovered the fan, it was no problem to shut the windows and sleep in a comfortable temperature with the fan going. The room was large and comfortable with a huge bathroom, especially by European standards. The "bed" was two twins pushed together. That was odd, but they were comfortable and we were ok with it. A nice breakfast was served in a charming dining room. During our strolls around Bruges, we saw many of the other hotels I researched, and I came away believing I'd made the right choice!

Room Tip: I would probably ask for a room on a higher floor if I had it to do over again, even knowing I would have to carry luggage upstairs.
1  Thank Snuffytoo
Reviewed 21 June 2014

Thanks to Hotel Adornes. We had a lovely stay and the help you gave us finding a dentist was above and beyond. We appreciated the clean room, friendly staff and excellent location. I will recommend your hotel to others.

Room Tip: The streets a generally quite quiet at night, if you need it, ask for a room at the back of the building.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Michele M
Reviewed 15 June 2014

Hotel Adornes is a charming canal-side hotel just a straightforward ten minute walk from Grote Markt, with the added benefit of being less than a ten minute walk (in the opposite direction from Grote Markt) from the windmills. The neighborhood has a very homey feel, and we appreciated the quiet that came from being just a short distance outside of the tourist center of the Bruges. It was a pleasure just to stroll around the area. Our room was spacious, well-lit, comfortable and lovely, and it featured a view of the canal!

The hotel staff is quite friendly and helpful - we enjoyed our conversations with them, and each day, they would post a list of special events in Bruges for the day, with a wide range of options to suit a traveler's interest - this is information that goes well beyond what a tour book would have to offer. Breakfast is continental, with ample offerings. We had a wonderful experience at Hotel Adornes and will most certainly return there the next time we visit Bruges.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family