“Comfortable Family-Run hotel”
Review of Adornes

Adornes
Ranked #11 of 97 Hotels in Bruges
Reviewed 7 July 2010

I stayed here for one night in June 2010 and really enjoyed it. Natalie attended the reception and furinshed me with a number of great dining, sightseeing and bike riding suggestions. The room was small yet very comfortable. As others have mentioned, the lack of air conditioning or a fan could be an issue if it were hot. Luckily, it wasnt when I was there. I slept comfortably through the night. I enjoyed the ample breakfast and furthermore really enjoyed using the bicycles to ride out to Damme - a great part of my trip!!

Overall, it's a great place and I wouldnt hesitate to recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank jasoncrh

Reviewed 1 July 2010

I spent 2 nights here in June 2010. I had room 8 which was on the second floor facing the canal. I paid 140 euros a night including breakfast booked directly with the hotel. Good location although 10 minutes from the market square - which could be good or bad depending on your perspective. lovely neighborhood on beautiful canal. The staff was amazing - great restaurant recommendations, offer to use their free bikes even after checking out. breakfast was basic. The room had a great view but in the late afternoon got very hot and had traffic noise. I agree with a prior review that a back room would be the way to go in summer or if sensitive to traffic noise tho lose lovely view.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank attytrav.
Reviewed 26 June 2010

We had a great experience at this hotel. It is located an easy 10min walk from the city centre. The staff were extremely helpful and all the restaurant recommendations were great. The breakfast was very substantial with a lot of choice. The hotel itself is 2-3 typical Flemish homes combined, which adds to the experience but also has some limitations that need to be expected, such as no air conditioning. We were in a small room facing the front canal. It was small but fine for the two of us. As there was no air conditioning, we had the window open one night and there was noise from the street. One recommendation I would make would be to ask for a room facing the back during warmer weather. Otherwise, everything was great and we would definitely return again.

1  Thank QBD
Reviewed 9 June 2010

I hadn't actually stayed at the hotel - they were fully booked that night, but I've experienced such an amazing customer service (despite not being a paying guest) that next time I'm in Bruges there's no question where I will be staying.

Rik from the reception spent about 30 minutes on the phone for us - total strangers - trying to find accommodation for us that night (we travelled on a whim so didn't book anything... and he didn't rest until he found something), helped us to sort our parking out the next day and pointed out to the best attractions. I can only imagine the care his actual paying guests get - he treated us like royalty, and he were floored by his kindness! Still can't quite believe people like him still exist!

The hotel is slightly on more expensive side, but it's very central, they have free parking, and you also get a group rate on all the attractions, so the extra fee really pays for itself.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 June 2010

I stayed at the Adornes with my fiancee for 3 days at the start of a longer holiday (travelling to Amsterdam and France). We chose the hotel based on trip advisor reviews, and photos.

We arrived to a gorgeous little hotel (approx 20 rooms) and were greeted promptly, and directed to the underground, secure car park right around the corner. We were provided a map of Bruges and suggestions of places to visit, to eat and to drink beer (at a reasonable price). The efficient, no-nonsense service at the hotel was quite welcome and refreshing after a long journey .

The rooms are small but perfect - satellite TV, high quality and tasteful furnishings, excellent shower, and very clean.

Tea and coffee making facilities are 6 euros extra, which we asked for.

The location is perfect, close to the centre and also to the windmills.

The breakfast is a continental buffet, which I enjoyed every morning. It is served between eight and ten, and will even be brought to your room at no extra charge. Do not expect bacon and eggs, it is a cold buffet. We had fruit, yoghurt, fresh bread and jam, croissants, cheese, tea, coffee and fresh juice. This set us up for a day of exploring Bruges.

Other useful amenities include a lift, free access to internet for those urgent matters, and free bike hire.

The hotel is charming and one of the most memorable aspects of our trip. We plan to return to Bruges and will be booking the Adornes. Why stay anywhere else?

Reviewed 31 May 2010

Situated on a tree lined canal within easy walking distance of Market Square. We arrived at Hotel Adornes to discover that the Procession of the Holy Blood was happening that afternoon. What an amazing spectacle. The town is very proud of their heritage and put on an impressive 2 1/2 hour parade. The hotel desk provided excellent restaurant recommendations. Breakfast was great - many choices and good coffee. We took advantage of the free bikes and rode all over one day. Our room was basic but very spacious and we overlooked the canal. The bathroom was modern and clean.

Reviewed 27 May 2010

A delightful hotel, well located close to but not in the city centre. We had a very pleasant and comfortable room (8) with views over the canal. Breakfast was first class. A real bonus was the underground car park very close by with free parking. The staff were exceptionally helpful and courteous and made every effort to ensure that we had a good stay.