“Great one night stay”

Hotel Biskajer Adults Only
Ranked #21 of 97 Hotels in Bruges
Reviewed 14 July 2014

The hotel is very close to the main Markt square, less than 10 minutes walking. It's a small and clean room with wifi, perfect if you're looking to for a place to stay for a good price. The elevator is small and doesn't fit more than two people, so if you're coming in a group keep that in mind. Overall I have no complaints - it was just the thing for a one night stay in Bruges. Right next to a bus stop too so it was easy for us to get to the train station to travel to Brussels.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends

Reviewed 12 July 2014

The Biskajer Hotel is located by a small tree lined square about eight minutes walk from the main Markt square. It is clean, quiet and well appointed. There is, though, no garden or sitting out area. Having said that, there is a small bar. The hotel is owned and run by Dany and Ruben who could not be more helpful. They are full of advice on what to do, where to go and where to eat. The breakfast is of a typical "continental" type: cereal, juice, tea, coffee, breads, cakes cold meats, cheese and boiled eggs. We had a room at the back of the hotel on the first floor which was quiet but had no view. It might be worth asking for a room at the front overlooking a small tree lined square (which seemed to be pretty quiet).

Room Tip: Any room ending in 01 will be good. Rooms at the front overlook a small square. Rooms at the back...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Stanley1871
Reviewed 7 July 2014

My partner and I stopped here for four nights for our stay in Bruges. Check in was quick and simple. Our room was ready on arrival which exceeded our expectations because we arrived earlier than the check in time - we thought we would need to leave our cases and come back later. We were given a map of the city and our host pointed out a few places of interest.

The bed was comfortable and we slept well. Our room looked out over the back of the hotel which was fine, and the whole room was clean. The bathroom was massive, with both a shower cubicle and a bathtub which had a shower hose. The complimentary toiletries meant we didn't need to go looking for a chemist for one or two things (we flew with hand luggage only and with the restrictions on liquids we didn't quite have space for shower gel, and just hoped for the best!)

The hotel was convenient for most of the places we wanted to visit. As CAMRA members who also enjoy Belgian beers we were happy to be only a few minutes walk from a large number of bars, and restaurants. This hotel seemed to be within 10 minutes walk of virtually everything.

We got from the train station to the hotel by taxi, and both ways this was 12 euro. Our taxi on the last day was arranged in advance by the owner, which was really helpful.

We'd definitely recommend this hotel to visitors of Bruges

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank helen_gemini
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Lovely hotel on a quiet street, only about 5 min walk from the Grote Markt. The staff were incredibly nice and helpful, and the breakfast was both plentiful and delicious. Our room was immaculate and very comfortable, and the elevator was a nice treat after having carried our luggage up and down stairs in so many other places. I would absolutely recommend the Biskajer Hotel to anyone staying in Bruges!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Bronwyn B
Reviewed 6 July 2014

Returned from a 5 night stay at the Hotel yesterday. Its a wonderful place and as previously mentioned in other reviews very convenient for the centre of Bruges, very easy to find and despite it being so close to the middle I found it to be very quiet (couple of trucks and the occasional horse and carriage). Very clean hotel and the decoration is perfect, that goes for the rooms and the public areas (bar/breakfast room). I was told by my hosts that I was in a smaller room but it was fine for me, I've stayed in larger and smaller rooms but for a city-break when you don't spend much time in the room size is not a key point for me. Bed was plenty big enough and its always nice to have a easy safe to use, and lets not forget the towel animals - lovely touch and makes you feel more like a house guest rather than a customer. The only worry I had was when I noticed my room was right by the lift and stairs, was expecting noise at night with people coming back to their rooms after a night on the ale but I never heard a footstep and slept like a log each night (the beer most likely helped). The breakfast selection for me was plenty, I'm strictly cereals and toast when I travel but there appeared to be enough warm options and the toaster actually worked. In terms of the location its a great little are on the square, the statue of Jan Van Eyck is literally around the corner and there a good few bars within a short walk. I would not hesitate to return to this hotel, the owners are doing a terrific job and you can tell that the enjoy doing what they do. Like I said before, you feel like a guest rather than just a paying customer and being made to feel welcome at a hotel is so important. Thanks to Danny and Ruben for a great stay.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Ian C
Reviewed 23 June 2014

A great little Hotel tucked away in a small quite square but yet just minutes away from the main market sq.Danny & Ruben were the perfect hosts and made our stay very comfortable indeed.The Hotel is very tastefully decorated and furnished with excellent facilities.Would not stay any where else if we return

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank artdex
Reviewed 21 June 2014

I have just got home from what I can only describe as one of the most pleasant experiences I have ever had when travelling. Bruges, is a diamond of a city in itself but to have been lucky enough to stay at the hotel Biskajer was just the icing on the cake. The hotel sits in a little square 10 minutes walk from everything, yet you could be a million miles from the hustle and bustle of the city it is so peaceful, I had the best nights sleep ever after travelling and walking around the city. The hotel is spotlessly clean, the rooms are great with a view overlooking the square, the breakfast was excellent and the people who run the hotel are two of the nicest people you could ever wish to meet. Would I stay there again? You bet I would, I have already booked again for a few months time.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo