“A Hotel to Remember.”
Review of Flanders Hotel

Flanders Hotel
Ranked #20 of 97 Hotels in Bruges
Reviewed 21 April 2009

We came upon the Flanders Hotel by chance and what a lucky find. Freindly, comfortable and well appointed - even has a little swimming pool. Excellent breakfast and several excellent restuarants nearby for the evening meal. If you have a car the hoel parking is a god send as all sightseeing is done on foot or by boat. Well done Flanders you were our salvation after a cold miserable and wet drive.

• Stayed: March 2009
1  Thank ValHexham
Write a ReviewReviews (1,875)

Reviewed 20 April 2009

I've just returned from a 1 night break to Bruges.
My husband and I stayed at the Flanders Hotel and found it to be excellent.
Slightly off the beaten track - but still only a 5 min walk to Market Square. I asked for local recommendations from the front desk and was given a few tips on the best spots for beer / food / coffee's - all tips where spot one.
The breakfast at the hotel was very nice - it's self service and has all that you need.
Overall I had a fantastic trip to Bruges and would be happy to stay at the Flanders hotel.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank HelenH77
Reviewed 13 April 2009

My husband & I spent 4 nights at the Flanders Hotel just before Easter. It was perfect for a city break - fantastic location, excellent service, modern, clean and with very knowledgeable staff who were never too busy to provide advice on places to eat or visit.
We stayed in a superior room that was spacious and comfortable; breakfast was excellent and the bar had a modern but relaxed atmosphere.
The hotel made some excellent recommendations for supper - several of which mirrored Trip Advisor recommended restaurants.
Bruges itself is a beautiful city and highly recommended for a relaxing short break & I'd return to the city and to the Flanders Hotel without any hesitation.

• Stayed: April 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 April 2009

Stayed here for 3 nights B&B for a birthday treat for the wife. I had contacted the hotel prior to arriving to get directions on how to reach them from Brussels main train station. There was a prompt and quick response which was full of helpful information which was typical of all the staff during our stay.

We stayed in a superior room, 'number 304' which overlooked the main street. It had all the main comforts you could need and was bright and welcoming in its appearence. The breakfast had a good choice of hot and cold dishes with fresh fruit, youghurts and pastries in abundance.

I felt that the location of this hotel was great as it was just far enough away from the centre 'Markt' only about 5-7 mins walk, but it was also near some great restaurants and beautiful scenary that you walked through each day and evening.

We couldn't falt the staff as they were all so helpful with local knowledge and tips of where to eat out and also vist some of the less touristy spots. If we were to visit Bruges again we would choose this hotel again. My only minus point was that smoking is still allowed in the bar.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 April 2009

For my first visit to Belgium I had a very enjoyable stay at this hotel as the staff went out of their way to be very friendly and informative speaking amazing English. With great recommendations for local evening food.
The hotel and our room was very clean and modern also set in a great location with sights, shops and restaurants within walking distance.
Also a wide choice of food for breakfast was available. The hotel even has a small pool to relax in.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 23 March 2009

I really enjoyed my stay at the Flanders Hotel, it's a high quality hotel but still feels personel & friendly.

I had never been to Belgium before & therefore had lots of questions for the staff. Isobelle & Steve at reception both spent time with guests, giving directions, making recommendations for trips or where to eat etc & the advice was always spot on. We ate at 2 resaturants they recommended & the food & service at both were great.

The hotel really tries to please it's English guests, with hot breakfasts, BBC & ITV available in your room, & English spoken so well by the staff, in particular Steve at reception, I (wrongly) assumed he was English!

Our room was great - spacious & nicely decorated with a modern bathroom. Good location just 5-10 minute walk to market square but lots of better places to eat & drink within a 2 minute walk.

Overall a really enjoyable stay, even though I was there on business, the hotel did it's best to make sure I had a good time.

Kerry Townsend

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 March 2009

We stayed here on our first trip to Bruges. It was the perfect base to explore the wonderful city from. The friendly and informative staff gave helpful recommendations to us especially for very good food locally. Our room was very clean, very well serviced throughout our four day stay. Breakfast was better than advertised with plenty of choice and the most helpful of staff. There is an excellent and easily accessed car park

Alan and Liz, St Albans, Herts, England.

• Stayed: March 2009, travelled as a couple