“Convenient little hotel perfectly situated from the historic centre”
Review of Hotel de Goezeput

Hotel de Goezeput
Ranked #32 of 97 Hotels in Bruges
Reviewed 28 March 2013

I've just stayed in the hotel from Monday 25 to Wednesday 27 March 2013.

To start with, the lady on the front desk let me check-in quite early. This was very useful to me as I had a couple of things I wanted off of my back.

Next, she got me off to a flying start by explaining where everything was and giving me a map of the city. Service came with a smile and that was appreciated.

For a single room, the space was a little cramped but really that's nitpicking. I don't stay in a hotel to live in it, I stay in to be able to have somewhere to sleep at night.

Breakfast was a good choice and although I didn't sample everything there was enough there for most people's tastes.

The locality of the hotel is excellent. Just 10 - 15 minutes from Bruges railway station and a little over 5 minutes before you hit the historic centre.

Would I stay again? Yes, as I need to go back to Bruges as my camera gear was stolen on a train in Paris and Hotel de Goezeput will be first on my list of places to look up when I go back to redo the work I've lost.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Julian E

Reviewed 27 March 2013 via mobile

A really comfortable, friendly, well located hotel. The staff were very helpful and the room was clean and well set out. The shower was adequate but everything else excellent! Breakfast was varied and plentiful. We would stay again. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: March 2013
Reviewed 24 March 2013

We walked from the train station (approx 10-15mins) along cobbled streets (easy to find from train station using a map we'd printed out beforehand).

Great location, short walk to everything!!

Tasty, varied breakfast. Yummy crossaints and coffee.

The bed was very comfortable (though for a double it was actually 2 singles pushed together). Only thing was the room could have been a bit warmer (radiator covers prevent most of the heat getting into the room and the windows let in quite a draft) but not something to complain about, just be aware of.

We really enjoyed our stay, ideal for what we needed and great location. Good value I would definately recommend!!!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Sally00000
Reviewed 23 March 2013

We stayed in this cosy friendly hotel for 3 nights. It is very central, so convenient for looking around Bruges. The staff were helful, the breakfast was relaxing and varied, the room was warm and cosy when the temperature outside was -3. Bruges is a beautiful city small and easy to find your way around. This is the perfect hotel for doing just that.

My photos do not do this hotel justice.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank carolseameads
Reviewed 9 March 2013

This hotel is superbly situated – literally on the main ‘drag’ into town. We rumbled noisily towards the centre at 10.30pm, pulling our cases along the cobbled Ostmeers Street which runs from outside the railway station. The hotel is a 10-minute walk away on the right-hand side at the end of the street and, as we were soon to discover, is superbly located – just a short walk from the main shopping streets through a couple of back alleys and within minutes of the main square.

We had booked a triple room, but were given a first-floor family room which slept five (one king bed plus three singles, though two of the latter were pushed together). The room was spacious and clean, but could have been more comfortable with just a little more attention to detail. The king bed was pushed up against the wall at one side, which meant if two people were sharing it, one would have to climb over his or her companion to get in and out. As it was, we used the three single beds, but still had to climb across the king bed to close or open the curtains. The large old-fashioned radiators ran the length of the window wall, but had been boxed off save for a few inches at the top – presumably to prevent anyone sleeping in the beds pushed up to the wall from being burned – but in a room of this size, a little extra heating would have been welcome.

The bathroom was fitted with a modern shower, toilet and basin, but there were no shelves on which to store toiletries, nor even a hook to hang your dressing gown – a necessity as the shower tray was extremely shallow and prone to overflowing. There was a long narrow mirror and shelf in the bedroom, but no drawers and only six coathangers (for three women!) in the wardrobe.

Breakfast was served in the downstairs bar, where the friendly receptionist presided over a spread of cereals, fruit juice, boiled eggs, cheese, meat and three types of bread which could be toasted on a spectacularly inefficient machine (the toast cooked so slowly it was dried to a crisp before it turned brown!). We tried to use the bar twice – once after returning from an early dinner, when we were informed it closed at 9pm, and once on a Saturday afternoon, when we were allowed to buy a drink although they were closed. There was no information about opening times provided, so I am still not sure when it is available, which is a pity – with its large real fire, it’s a very inviting space on a cold and damp Bruges day!

Would we stay here again? Probably - it's definitely value for money, and there's nothing wrong a little attention to detail wouldn't put right...in fact, I'd gladly pay a little more to have the creases ironed out!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Tourmalina
Reviewed 8 March 2013

All the other reviews for this hotel are accurate and I'm glad we relied on them when booking. The charming hotel is in a convenient location for the sites, centre of town and the train station. The room was great with super views over the city. The reception which doubled as a room for the very good continental breakfast and bar was very comfortable. The staff treated us excellently. The goezeput is good value for money and I highly recommend it.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank vjb2011
Reviewed 2 March 2013 via mobile

We stayed at the hotel for 4 nights and were so pleased with our choice. Perfect location, good room, helpful staff and excellent value for money.

Definately would visit again!

• Stayed: February 2013