“Reconfirm your reservations!”

Ranked #89 of 231 Bruges B&B and Inns
Vancouver, BC
“Reconfirm your reservations!”
Reviewed 3 November 2007

I have never written a review of a hotel where I never stayed, but I must advise anyone considering this hotel to triple-check with the owner on the dates of their stay. I made reservations for one night in October for 2 twin rooms, two and a half months in advance. There were some back-and-forth e-mails between myself and the owner, before I actually made the reservation and received a confirmation number.

Three weeks before the date, the owner e-mailed me to say he had made a mistake with my reservation and had put me down for another date. He said he had booked another party at the hotel for our actual date and was therefore unable to accommodate us. I was upset, to say the least, particularly as I was due to leave for Europe in a few days (Brugge was only one destination along the way). I asked the owner if he could find another hotel for the 4 of us for that one night, but he refused. He gave me the names of 2-3 other hotels, all of which were booked solid. I e-mailed him again, but he just gave me the name of a general hotel website and said he could help me no further. I was extremely disappointed by this chain of events, but I did manage to find other accommodations shortly before leaving for the trip--thank goodness.

Stayed October 2007
5 Thank tadpole63

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
harrow
Reviewed 15 September 2007

We decided to go to Brugge with our 21 year old daughter for the weekend and booked a triple room. We were very pleasantly surprised to find we had a large room with three single beds (two pushed together to make a double) with plenty of room to move around. The beds were extremely comfortable and everything was very clean. The hotel had a really nice atmosphere and the owner was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast was lovely. We can highly recommend staying at this hotel, and hope to do so again in the future.

• Liked — comfortable, clean, convenient with a great location
  • Disliked — nothing
  • Stayed September 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
2 Thank lizhog
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 March 2007

This is a very nice hotel that is in a good location. The staff were very very nice. Breakfast was good - just typical continental style, no fuss. The room was small but completely adequate. Walls were a little thin and checkout time is pretty early (10am)... but a very great stay. You are about 10 minutes from the square and are on a quiet little street. You can walk to/from the train station (though I wouldn't recommend at night. Great find - I would stay there again:)

• Stayed March 2007, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
3 Thank Right-O
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed 22 April 2006

I was travelling with my 3 teenage grandchildren and their uncle we arrived during market day and no parking close to the hotel . We parked a distance away at the train station and walked to the hotel . After checking in the owner offered to drive my son to the van to pick-up our luggage . The location is close to shops and restaurants and market square.We where given advice my the owners as to quality restaurants and sites to visit. We left before breakfast was served but the owner kindly left out fruit and yogurt.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
Leeds, West Yorkshire, England
Reviewed 28 October 2003

My wife and I visited Brugge using P&O Ferries last weekend. We were booked into the Hotel Groeninghe for the Saturday night. The hotel was excellent, Brugge is a beautiful city and the Hotel Groeninghe is situated in an ideal position, not only for visiting the many features of Brugge, but also for transport between Zeebrugge and the station. The room we had was excellent and the breakfast was just right. We had no complaints whatsoever and are grateful for P&O Ferries for booking us in at the Hotel Groeninghe.

15 Thank chris125230