Jacobs Hotel
Europ Hotel(Bruges)
Adornes(Bruges)
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
All reviewsminute walkfree parking outside the hoteladjoining roomsthe main squarecity centreroom rateroom keyone night staycroissantsa lovely staylovely little hotelwould definitely stay here againfamily roommarket placehotel is situatedshort staylocation was perfect
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 22 July 2014 via mobile

When me and my grandparents visited we were promised a ground floor room and wasn't given this instead we had a second floor room .. The wifi was terrible and the male member of staff on the evening acted like he didn't want to be there very poor and very far from the town

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank Abbcoops19969
Reviewed 17 July 2014

A nice hotel in a good position, the centre of brugge is only a ten minute walk. Lots of one way streets so it may be tricky to find without a GPS but ours got us there without problems.
Staff are very friendly, helpful, and speak excellent English, their advice on where to shop and eat was welcome as restaurants in the square charge a premium. They even change your car parking permit timer for you! The included breakfast was more than expected, rooms were clean and comfortable. We would definitely stay here again if we return to brugge.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 3 July 2014

This is a pleasant hotel which has been recently refurbished and is in a practical location. The rooms are nice and modern but the beds are not the most comfortable. The breakfast room is quite grand and the staff a pleasant, Good location is you don't mind a nice 10 minutes walk to the centre.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank alexbanks
Reviewed 3 July 2014

The room at this hotel suited my needs just fine for my one-night stay, small but modern and clean, and the breakfast that was included was more than generous, with pastries, crepes, breads, yogurt, several kinds of cereal, hard- and soft-boiled eggs, fruit, juices, and hot chocolate as well as coffee. The breakfast room itself is also pleasant. The standout out to me was the service. Lena, the hotel clerk, went out of her way to help me when I needed to leave on a day that the trains were on strike, as she informed me before I left the hotel to do some sightseeing. She found a train that was still scheduled to leave from Brugge to Brussels, where I would then go on to Paris. When I returned, though, she told me that she had some bad news and that there wouldn't be any trains leaving that day, that I would have to wait another day to take the train. If I had done that, though, I would have had virtually no time in Paris. As it is, I was only scheduled to be there for a little more than a day. After contacting my travel agent and finding that a flight from Brussels to Paris would be very expensive and I'd still need to find a way to Brugges, Lena let me know about a car service that would cost me less than a cab to Brussels would--and that it would take me all the way to Paris. I'm so glad that I opted for that, not only because I arrived in Paris at about the same time as I would have if I would have taken the train but also because I had such a pleasant time with Tommy, the driver, who happened to be available to drive me to Paris in his own car since no one from the car service was available. Lena even let me use her personal iPad while I waited for Tommy to arrive, and she gave us both bottles of water for the 3-hour drive to Paris. Lena also printed verification of the canceled trains so that I can send it to my travel agency and get reimbursed. It's service like that that makes me realize customer service still exists.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank hollynor
Reviewed 1 July 2014

We stayed for 3 nights at the hotel. Although it was located near the market square, we found the hotel to be small and noisy. Upon arrival, we were greeted by a rude and sarcastic receptionist. We were asking where we would be having breakfast and she helpfully replied, 'the breakfast room!' Also there was no room to keep your luggage whilst you waited for your room so we had to leave it by the bar which was hardly reliable. We stayed in the connecting rooms and although they were fairly spacious, we found the bedding and carpet to be dirty. Our safe was also broken. Due to no air conditioning, we were unfortunately bitten by swarms of mosquitoes! Why they feel the rooms needed to be installed with different ambient lighting and no air conditioning, we will never understand! Breakfast was disappointing with just a choice of cold meats, soft or hard boiled eggs, toast, cereal and crepes/waffles which they had bought and simply heated up! I haven't mentioned that we were not allowed to choose our own breakfast table and had to be told where we could sit. Would say that our stay in pretty Bruges was ruined by our stay at this hotel.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family