“Little Italy in Belgium”
Review of La Gondola

La Gondola
Ranked #181 of 768 Restaurants in Bruges
Price range: US$13 - US$29
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: After-hours, Delivery, Reservations
Description: Hello We are an Italian retaurant .Nous let us serve pizzas and kitchen exclusively italienne.Preparer in the purest tradition. When you decidez to come has our table you must know that you will need etre can wait just a little because we serve flats(dishes) fact only has the minute. We serve our customers respectfully and politeness as well our accustomed customers as the tourists. La gondola
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

It's been a while since my tastebuds were treated to such a delight! My tortelloni and my girlfriend's canneloni were absolutely fabulous! The young waiters were fast and friendly, as was the owner, and the food got delivered pronto! Very nice experience!

Reviewed 17 July 2014 via mobile

We came across this restaurant on our first night in Brugge and after quickly checking on here decided to give it a go, and we weren't disappointed. We shared the cheese croquettes as a starter and then I have salmon tagliettele and hubby steak, pasta and salad. Other than hubbies steak being quite a lot on the rare side (despite ordering medium) the food could not be faulted, very tastey, well seasoned and good sized portion. Hubby cleaned his plate so the rare meat didn't bother him too much! Fairly expensive but everywhere in Brugge seems to be

Reviewed 2 July 2014

Just got back from a visit, and ignored the few terrible comments but please read them it seems to be the same story. Got charged for items we did not order, they have no idea of service, we waited ages for our food, and very expensive. The food when it did arrive was just ordinary nothing extra special, will never go back again.

3  Thank lizagaruk
gondolabruges, Propriétaire at La Gondola, responded to this reviewResponded 7 July 2014

Here is my answer has your attacks
You were not go into the restaurant that you want dejas to be served!!
You did not have to end to eat that you want dejas the addition(bill)!!!!
Furthermore we post(show) the prices(prizes) on the menu which is outside as the law thus orders it if you had no money(silver) to eat you were free not to go back(enter our) home!
And please stop saying that you did not have to command(order) certain things that we charged you you lie my establishment has will be on drugs video and we see you good eating all that you had to command(order)!!!!
The lie is not correct and you are not him(her)...

Reviewed 25 June 2014

went for a meal here with my partner for her birthday after a long wait we were given a starter even though we hadn't ordered one the waiter apologised and said it was complements of the chef I then got a pizza instead of what I ordered and had to wait again while they changed it then they forgot the side order ok so these things happen we didn't mind because the food was 1st rate but when the bill arrived they tried to charge us for the starter we hadn't ordered when we pointed this out the waiter started to get quite angry my partner got quite upset and the waiter wasn't going to back down I felt forced into paying the extra just to avoid a scene left feeling conned and angry

3  Thank spainman2014
gondolabruges, Directeur général at La Gondola, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2014

Dear,

As answer on what you said about the butler and us. I will tell you the next. You've asked for the garlic bread as starter we said we didn't have it and we proposed you the bruscetta or the focacia and you said give us the bruscetta. And you effectively got the bruscetta. As next you've ordered a spaghetti bolognese and the chef missed and made you a pizza bolognese when you said it was wrong we didn't discuss and whitin about 3-4 minutes later you had your spaghetti bolognese so you can't accuse us on the waiting time. And above all that I just wan't to tell you don't go eat in a restaurant if you don't want pay what you get and what you eat.

Sincerly,
La gondola

Reviewed 18 June 2014

Great find in Bruges. Real home cooked Italian food. Great pasta and pizza. Superb modern decor. Very friendly and helpful staff. Worth it for lunch or cozy dinner.