“Very Lovely House and Helpful Owners”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bruges
Koen & Annemiene Dieltens
Ranked #99 of 231 Bruges B&B and Inns
Seattle, Washington
“Very Lovely House and Helpful Owners”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We stayed 2 nights at Dieltiens Gastenkamers in June. The communication before and during our stay with Annemie was impeccable. The house is located close-in to all attractions and restaurants, yet is in a quiet, residential area. The rooms are spacious, each with private bathroom, and the beds could improve with a foam topper. Breakfasts are lovely, diverse and generous; served in a beautiful dining room. Annemie was so very helpful in troubleshooting alternative transportation for our group due to a one day Belgium train strike. She found us a private driver to a border town in France, so that we could hop a train from that town. Overall, a wonderful stay in this B&B!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank L H

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
College Station, Texas
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We stayed in the studio apartment at the guest house, around the corner from the main B&B. We checked in late--22:00 on a Sunday night, but Annemie was gracious and welcoming. I loved the privacy of our 1st floor studio. Because we had a kitchenette, we were able to buy eggs, ham, yogurts, etc. and make our own breakfasts and snacks. The bed is a trundle bed, and we did put away the extra bed every day for space. We had a small table, a wardrobe, a TV, and a small (but perfectly fine) bathroom. It was just a few blocks to the main market, the fish market, etc. A great location! Bruges was the 1st stop on our 2 week European vacation, and this B&B was our favorite for a combination of location, privacy, price, and the kitchenette.

Room Tip: 1st floor studio was private with a kitchette. (and no stairs!). Street noise was not an issue.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Erin S
Walnut Creek, CA
Reviewed 6 July 2014

My wife and I stayed at Dieltens B&B for four nights in April and were very pleased by the experience. It is located on a quiet street and the whole of historic Bruges is easily walkable from there. For those with cars there is convenient pay parking nearby. The house is beautifully and interestingly decorated. The hosts are charming and very helpful. The breakfasts were fresh and plentiful. What more can I say? Stay there!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

My wife and I loved everything about our stay. Koen & Annemie, both warm and engaging musicians, have created a pitch-perfect ambiance from which to experience the true poetry of Brugge from the inside out. The location is only a few minutes walk from all the sites, yet on the other side of a canal by the Fish Market so you are not surrounded by the tourist crush. Our room was spacious with a sitting area in one corner, and a wall of windows that looks down to a charming intersection of gardens. So the room was filled with light and cheery. They have decorated the historic house with interesting things that combine local art and history with oddities and curiosities. We enjoyed the breakfasts in a large dining room with classical music playing in the background. But mostly we enjoyed the kindness and culture of Koen & Annemie who made our stay memorable.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Constant_Discovery
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

First of all the location is prefect. Walking distance to everything you need and at the same time away from busy streets of the old town.
The room was big enough, bed very comfy, TV too small to see anything without my contact lenses but that's fine as we weren't there to watch TV. Bathroom was disappointing, shower and no bath, not toiletries, and a bit small.
The house is lovely itself with character and real charm.
The biggest disappointment for us was breakfast. I'm not sure we people are actually writing here that it was good. We had to eat second one straight away in the city because we were hungry. They only give you bread, a bit of cheese (just one kind and it was always to little for everybody at the table), ham (I'm vegetarian), croissant (I don't eat sweets) and some butter and jam. I felt like they weren't trying at all. I think they should offer cooked breakfast, something simple like eggs would make such a difference.
Breakfast is served by one big table and is shared with all other guests. I find it weird to be sat at the table with strangers. I don't really feel like sharing my travel stories with them and I just don't feel comfortable. I didn't like that part and I could see that some others didn't either.

Would I stay again? Hmmm, probably I would but I think I would do a thorough research first in order to find something better. The problem with Bruges is that it is quite hard to find accommodation at all, not even thinking of finding the best value!

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank ThailandIsTheBest
Centennial, Co
Reviewed 8 February 2014

We stayed at the Dieltens B&B in November, and couldn't have been happier. Both the room and location were perfect. The historical house has been remodeled and beautifully decorated, with an eclectic mix of antiques and modern furnishings and art work. Koen and Annemie have 3 rooms, all located up a beautiful spiral staircase. Our room overlooked the garden and had a nice little seating area in the corner of the room. The room and ensuite bathroom were very clean. The breakfast each morning is fantastic and it's served in a lovely dining room with classical music playing in the background.

It rained while we were there, so the rack of umbrellas and hats one could borrow came in very handy. Bruges is a gorgeous town, and the B&B is about a 3-5 minute walk from the Burg Square and Markt Square.

Koen and Annemie are wonderful hosts, and we would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Murphy27
Porto, Portugal
Reviewed 4 November 2013

This was the perfectly localized to explore Bruges. The hosts, Annemie and then her daughter were very welcoming and pleasant. We felt like at home. The room we stayed was tastefully decorated and you could sense history in it, with lots of pictures from ancestors of the family. The perfect combination to the spirit of the city. The breakfast in a beautiful compartment of the house was very good and harmonic. We loved the contrast between the classical aspect of the house and the modern (and even surrealistic) decoration of the halls. Highly recommended!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple