1,651 results
All reviews royal executive canal view four poster bed beautiful hotel small pool roaring fire car park small luxury hotel sauna and steam room two sinks cosy bar perfect location breakfast room the main hotel top floor hotel bar huge bathroom
Reviewed 5 September 2011

Great location, very short walk to all the sights. Ample parking. Very stylish hotel with spacious room and huge, fantastic bathroom.

• Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 30 August 2011

Old hotel, and some parts look a bit run down and rough. But, room was large even by North American standards, loved the decor, it was interesting. Everything was in excellent working order. Quiet at night, comfy beds and pillows. Front desk staff were very nice. Ate breakfast there, i enjoyed it very much. Had a couple drinks at their tiny lounge, that was also pleasant. Great location, just a short walk from Market square. Beautiful town, but so busy once the bus loads start arriving.

• Trip type: Travelled with friends
Reviewed 26 August 2011

Hotel is centrally placed in Bruges, facing a canal. An old converted house or two but room size is very good and bathrooms well equiped - no separate shower in ours though. Had room on ground floor looking out on main street so didn't feel very private and some noise from passing tourists and horse and carriages. Swimming facilities very useful though not very extensive - steam room never seemed to work all the time we were there. Breakfasts included and excellent - didn't eat otherwise in hotel as restaurant only open one night in our stay and a bit pricey. Excellent staff.

Room tip: Not on the ground floor if you can help it.
Reviewed 26 August 2011

We stayed here for my wife's 40th birthday. The room had a fantastic view over the canal where we could sip our pre ordered bottle of champagne and watch the world go by. The staff were brilliant. The food was great. If I could give it 6 stars I would. Definitely recommended.

Reviewed 25 August 2011

My boyfriend and I just returned from a three week trip across Europe, three nights of which we were to spend at the De Tuilereen. We planned and booked our whole trip through a travel agent (nearly six months in advance), who provided us with vouchers for each of our hotels. When we arrived at the De Tuilereen and presented our voucher for the pre-paid stay, the woman at the counter did a few moments of nervous clicking at the keyboard (never a great sign), and my heart began to sink because I could tell there was a problem, and OF COURSE it had to happen here - in hands-down the most beautiful hotel I had ever been in. She politely invited us to sit on their lovely outdoor terrace for a minute while she spoke to her superiors. A short time later, an employee named Christov came out to greet us, and told us that unfortunately our reservations had been made through a booking company that had since gone out of business, and that while most of the other reservations had been successfully reinstated, ours had been lost in the shuffle. Also, they were fully booked that night. I was heartbroken, as I knew that we had gotten a FANTASTIC rate through our agent, and that it would be really hard to get even a similar price at the last minute, in August, in a town like Bruges. He said not to worry, left for another five minutes or so, and when he returned he said that he had booked us in another 4 star hotel right around the corner for that night, at same rate we had paid our agent, and then the next two nights at the De Tuilereen, also at the same rate. Another incredibly helpful and sweet staff member, Victor, even helped us carry our luggage over to the hotel they had found (Die Swaene - the staff at which were also incredibly gracious and which I also highly recommend), and then helped us bring it back the next day! Amazing. Our stay in Bruges was fantastic despite this mixup - the De Tuilereen is truly a gorgeous building, our double room was FABULOUSLY luxurious, with a four poster canopy bed and a private terrace, and for our whole stay the staff made us feel comfortable and thoroughly attended to. I was a little self conscious about the total euro-fancyness of the place, assuming my bf and I may have stuck out amongst the upper-crusty euro families staying there, but we were treated incredibly well by every employee. Well, except for a particularly brusque woman who ran the breakfast room, who took everyone else's orders yet ignored us, but she was one bad apple amongst many good and easily forgotten. I highly, highly recommend staying at the De Tuilereen if you're ever planning a visit to Bruges. It's at the center of everything in town, and would have been worth it for the luxury of it all at twice what we paid (well, we actually did pay twice, but got a full refund from our TA as soon as we got home).