Hotel De Tuilerieen
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Free Internet
  • Bar/Lounge
1,593 results
All reviewschocolate fountaincanal viewfour poster bedbeautiful hotelsteam roomexecutive roomroaring firecar parkcosy bartwo sinkspool and saunaperfect locationeuros per personluxury hotelthe main hoteltop floorhuge bathroom
Reviewed 29 October 2013

My wife and I first stayed at the De Tuilerieen for a Spring mini break and formed such a high opinion of the hotel as well as of Bruges itself that we returned here twice more.

The first time here a pleasant young lady at reception walked us to our room and explained the facilities - an old fashioned service you rarely get nowadays. I had a heart-stopping moment when I thought I had lost my passport. The manager really couldn't have been more helpful.

The public areas of the hotel are decorated and furnished to a high standard in a classical style befitting the original building's fifteen century listed status: I counted around twenty real glass chandeliers! I like a hotel to provide areas in addition to my bedroom in which to relax. This one excels with a quiet lounge and two small bars, one with a burning fire on our most recent autumn visit. There's also a secluded, shady outdoor sitting area at the rear which was ideal when we were here in the summer.

On our first two stays we were upgraded to the honeymoon suite in the new wing. On our most recent visit we were accommodated in an Executive room in the old wing. It was hard to choose which was better: perhaps the latter with four tall windows overlooking the quiet rear courtyard, a period fireplace and glass chandeliers. The bed was massive and extremely comfortable.

Breakfast has to be one of the distinguishing features of the De Tuilerieen. The dining room is magnificent if a little cramped but the breakfast buffet choice unsurpassed in my considerable travelling experience. We couldn't help but linger at the breakfast table particularly as the hotel provides English newspapers.

One word of advice if you are arriving by car: you really do need to pre-book a hotel parking space. The hotel park is extremely convenient but fills up at busy times and you really won't find anywhere else to park that doesn't involve a long walk.

1  Thank Philip W
Reviewed 27 October 2013

My hubby booked this hotel for my 30th and what a choice he made!

From the moment we stepped in through the doors we were spoilt. The hotel is stunning. They have nailed the atmosphere and interior design as it's very in keeping with Bruges.

We felt so welcomed and relaxed.

Situated right outside the cannel makes for breath taking views all day long. It doesn't matter if it's first thing in the morning or last thing at night it looks magical.

All of the hotel staff were lovely from the receptionists to the waitress to the maids that cleans the rooms. All made us feel very welcome at all times and were very happy to help.

Don't bother eating breakfast out. We didn't but I'm sure that you'd have been disappointed if you had. The hotel offers the BEST breakfast in the world. It's 25€ each and worth every penny. There sooo much choice and when I tell my friends what we've eaten they can't believe it. There's everything - cereal, fresh fruit, cooked breakfast, fresh breads, meats, fish, cheese, many types of yoghurt, pastries, cakes and a giant chocolate fountain. I'm sure I've missed other items but there was something for everyone.

If you choose not to eat at this hotel then you're a fool! - it was incredible and you will have missed out.

Our room was amazing. Can't fault it one bit. It was massive and beautiful and tastefully designed and very in keeping. I honestly felt as if I was a princess. The bed was huge - so big that my husband and I are thinking of a new one as the one at home now feels small.

Loved the bathroom with two sinks, bath and a wonderful power shower. The entire hotel was very well kept and clean especially in our room.

Another perk after a long day was the spa. Lovely pool and sauna etc - perfect after a long day out.

If you're looking for a hotel then that's one thing but if you're looking for a hotel that's going to make a holiday and some seriously good memories then book this one!

Can't fault it one bit and can't stop telling everyone how good it was.

Thanks for making this one of the best birthday trips.

Room Tip: Spoil yourself you're on holiday. Buy the best room you can afford. It's so worth it
1  Thank Diana S
Reviewed 16 October 2013

This is a beautiful hotel, in a perfect location for the centre and right next to the canal. We did get a deal and stayed in the Junior Suite which was stunning. Big living area, beautiful bathroom and in the bedroom a massive four posted bed. Only downside of the suite was that they were slightly dark and had no tea and coffee facilities which was a shame as it was so nice we did spend a bit more time in there than we normally would. You also need to be aware that the stairs up to the room are quite steep. On the deal we got everything included in the price. The pool is small but we were usually the only ones in there and the steam room and sauna were very pleasant. Breakfast was fantastic with loads of choice. it was served till 11 and as were there for 4 nights we had a lazy start to the day and breakfast kept us going till night time.
The staff are great. Just the right mixture of politeness and friendliness, we couldn't fault them. Would definitely stay here again. Highly recommended.

2  Thank Lorraine D
Reviewed 13 October 2013

Lovely hotel , service was great and in a fabulous location right on the canal I would definitely recommend this hotel , the bar service was exceptional and they just added that extra touch with snacks etc I would definitely stay here again

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Jan2412
Reviewed 9 October 2013

The hotel is situated next to the College of Europe overlooking the river and a stone throw from the interest spots of this charming city. The common areas have a special flair allowing you to have a home away from home feeling. The room are comfortable with well fitted bathrooms. The dark haired receptionist is really kind and the concierge is extremely helpful.
The right place to stay if you can accept some minor flaws existing here and there. Little flaws that mean really to the discerning Traveller.

Room Tip: Choose among all but standard room.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple