“Surprisingly hip and cool”
Review of Charlie Rocket's

Charlie Rocket's
Ranked #29 of 38 Speciality Lodging in Bruges
Reviewed 19 May 2013

My friend and I were totally surprised when we saw an American-themed bar instead of a hostel that we booked for our trip to Bruges. Got a bit anxious that the hostel did not really exist. We later found out that the rooms were upstairs and so we felt a bit excited about the set up. However, we didn't have the chance to spend time in the bar. The stairs and hallways to the rooms were pretty dark at night but it was ok. The rooms were clean. The bathroom and toilet were shared but they were clean as well. Nothing to rave about the facilities, but the fact that they were well-kept made us like the place and it exceeded our expectation as hostels in europe especially in italy can be horrible. Moreover, there's some real hip vibe to the place that makes us want to go back. We love Charlie Rockets!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 8 May 2013

This place is heaven....for people like me and for people who aren't like me....hahaha just joking. I think I quickly fell in love with this place. Though I went there alone but once I reached there I wasn't alone anymore. I met there Bridget, Sammy and their "Google-mouth" gang...they were ready to explain every thing in the world.. we spent several hours drinking beer, eating brunch, chatting, playing pool and doing other mad stuff...It was great. Next time I'll be here, I won't be wasting any time and will come back here directly....loved this place!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 10 April 2013 via mobile

I spend 3 n. Here, in is a n definitely young place. Good admosf, great draft beer and the bedt in middle of everything. Good price if u are a backpaker like me.
The cleand is ok, but dont spect a tub or jacuzzy, is more like a bed and breadfast or guest house.

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed 3 April 2013

I have recently returned from a 3 night stay while being part of a 40 man rugby touring side.
I will be brief the rooms are cramped and very dated and dirty (2 members of team were bitten badly by fleas!!1). Breakfast is basic ! a couple of sliced loafs dairy lea , jam or marmalade.. oh and a cup of coffee all in bar area. Drinks very expensive 9 euro for a vodka and lemonade !!! come on its a back packing destination.

So in short although I thoroughly enjoyed my weekend on the rugby side this accommodation is a one night stay only and move on folks , very basic and in need of a good clean.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 April 2013

I recently visited Charlie Rockets with a friend and we had a great time. First of all the hostel (and remember its a hostel before you expect a 5 star hotel) was really cool n hip. Being a old converted cinemadds to this and you get the feel of an enjoyable place as soon as you enter. The staff were really helpful and friendly, and helped tell us good places to go not just in Bruges but in antwerp and brussels too. The rooms are basic, but were very clean, which is exactly what I expected for a hostel. Wasn't expecting to be blown away by the rooms. The pool room in the place is also good, and is a good place to meet people. Don't have anything bad to say about Charlie Rockets, and think people who do slate it haven't researched it as a hostel. Will definitely return if I go back to Bruges.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 April 2013

Soy mochilera, y este establecimiento deberia cobrar mucho menos por habitaciones tan oscuras y sucias. Los baños y las duchas lo peor, no habia agua caliente y echaban muy poca agua. En la habitacion escuchabamos la musica del local y no pudimos dormir.

I am a bag packer, and this hostel it is too expensive for the quality that they offer. The rooms are really dark and dirty. The showers and the lavatories worst, there was not warm water and even no enough water. In the room we can heard the music from the bar, and was imposible to sleep.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Xira S
Reviewed 8 March 2013

This is my favorite place in this city as it caters every requirement: great music, wonderful ambiance and easy place to meet new people. Staff is helpful, rooms are good, comfortable bed , clean bathrooms. AND… they have pool tables !! Location is central, close to all major sites. Very good experience it total.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled solo