“Good value for money”

and 1 more site!
Hotel Cordoeanier
Ranked #42 of 97 Hotels in Bruges
Reviewed 3 April 2013

Stayed here for 3 nights over Easter. Room was a little cramped but clean. Staff were very friendly and efficient. Breakfast was good and plentiful but scrambled eggs a little odd! Overall a very central location and good value for money.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Pip C

Reviewed 2 April 2013

We stayed for 4 Nights at this Hotel at Easter, we could not fault the Staff they were all very help full
and spoke perfect English. My Wife and I had a very nice room 52 on the Ground floor which may have been a bit noisy if you wanted an early night or a lay in in the morning but it did not bother us at all, our traveling friends had a room on the 1st floor a twin 35, this was ok but very small, for 2 adults.
The position of the hotel was great as it was only a minutes walk from the Market Square.
We used the Rose Red Cafe each evening which was great, the only thing I would say is that there should be some way of paying your bill other than cash in there, or the option to change pounds to euros in the reception of the hotel.
All in all i would recommend this hotel

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 April 2013

Only stayed here one night but would definitely stay here again and recommend to friends. We arrived around 12.30pm but our rooms were ready after a short wait. Front desk staff were excellent, found information that we needed regarding parking(provided a map and highlighted route to take) and also events that were taking place in Bruges at the time. Very central to old town, easy walk to all sites and cafes etc. Red Rose bar excellent atmosphere and good prices, great place to sit and chat to other travellers before heading out to dinner.
Our rooms were on 2nd floor so had to carry our bags up the stairs. So be warned the hotel does not have a lift. Good excercise to lug them up, easier coming down. This was a minor issue compared to the good points of hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 March 2013

We came to this hotel on a recommendation from a friend who had visited the Red Rose Cafe.
We were so happy we booked Hotel Cordoeanier, the hotel was very central, the rooms were basic but had everything you needed, and the breakfast was one of the best continental breakfasts we have had and the hotel/bar staff couldnt do enough for you, nothing seemed to be a problem! Definately want to go back to Brugge and stay with you again.
Thank you for a memorable few days!

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 March 2013

Myself and 8 friends stayed here in February for 2 nights. As soon as we walked in we loved it, there is a very warm & welcoming feeling. The whole hotel is very clean and tidy and the staff couldn't do enough for us, they were all great. As we were a large party we were allocated our own table in the Café Rose Red downstairs and as soon as the staff saw some of our party turn up downstairs they got the table ready for us, excellent service. The Café was a great addition to the hotel, serving some amazing beers and 'taster' experiences. Also very nice for a cup of tea or hot chocolate at the end of a long cold day's sightseeing! There are no tea/coffee facilities in the rooms (is this normal for hotels in mainland Europe??). The rooms were basic but clean and comfortable, to be honest that was all we needed as most of our time was spent outside or in the café! I shared a 4-person room with 2 other people so we had a bed each and there was more than enough room for us. The TV only got switched on when we were getting ready in the morning. The bathroom was very small and if you're sharing a room then you can hear everything that goes on in the bathroom due to the sliding door which doesn't shut tight! I loved the big windows which opened out onto the cobbled side street below. This hotel is situated just off the main Markt square and every morning when we rounded the corner we saw the Belfry in front of us which was amazing. Fantastic location, easily situated to explore all of the main tourist sights of Bruges. Also great to be able to pop back to freshen up and go back out for the nightlife. Other people have mentioned noise in the hotel but I didn't hear any, I slept really well both nights and didn't hear any noise from other rooms, maybe we were lucky and had quiet neighbours?? The breakfast buffet has to be the highlight of the stay, amazing selection of fruit, yoghurt, muesli, toast, cake, cereal, eggs & bacon, very tasty and nicely presented.
To sum up, fantastic quirky, friendly and comfortable hotel right in the heart of Bruges. I will definitely stay there when I go to Bruges again.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank KazCos72
Reviewed 23 February 2013 via mobile

My sister and I decided a two-night trip to Bruges was in order, and fortuitously, my sister found - and booked us in at - Hotel Cordoeanier.

We arrived on Friday afternoon. We were both suitably impressed when we checked in - the hotel is a stones throw from the main Market Square and all the sights. It was quirky, very clean, had a lovely atmosphere, yet it's down a quiet little side-street with minimal fuss or activity outside.

We had a double room each. My sister was on the top floor, and I was on the first floor. Friday night was quiet for us both, but on Saturday (when more rooms were occupied) it was fairly noisy. I could hear every movement from the room above and in the room next door, although that didnt bother me too much. However, any light sleepers may want to take this in to consideration.

The rooms were more than adequate and perfect in cleanliness, though I feel would have been a little small if I was staying with another person - my sister and I would have been uncomfortably close if we had decided on one room between us. The en-suites were small, but contained everything you'd need and were impeccably clean. There is a small TV in the room, but I didn't really use this - We had a lot of sight-seeing to do!

The bar downstairs - Cafe Rose Red - was fabulous, particularly if you're a beer drinker. The bar staff are friendly, know their products, and always accommodating. We had a fantastic time spending the evenings in there, but be aware that it is very popular, and always very busy. It sells finger food, but no meals, so have a meal before you arrive. It's worth noting that, as I stayed on the 1st floor, I heard no noise from the bar.

All-in-all, a fantastic little hotel which I would definitely stay in again. The only down-side is the noise from the surrounding rooms. I think for any poor or light-sleepers, it would be well worth requesting a room on the top floor.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank cathed207
Reviewed 19 February 2013

My sister and I stayed here for 2 nights over Valentines. We each stayed in a double room. The room was absolutely fine for one single person, however it would have been too small if we'd decided to share one room. The bed was comfy and clean, the bathroom was adequate; the room was fitted with a television if thats the sort of thing you need, but really who needs a TV when you're in Brugge!! The location of the hotel was excellent, about a 25 minute walk from the train station and a stones throw from the market square (Belfry). I must say it was a little noisy as the rooms are so close to each other and the walls are quite thin, but it's ideal for just a few nights stay; with breakfast included.
The bar downstairs is amazing; friendly, helpful staff and amazing beer! They close at midnight.

Only negative is the noise from other guests and the fact that the free Wifi doesn't reach the top floor.

Room Tip: If you want to use Wifi request a room on 1st floor. If you want quiet request a room on the top fl...