“Great place to stay.”

Oud Huis de Peellaert
Ranked #18 of 97 Hotels in Bruges
Reviewed 25 December 2012

Central location,very comfortable and clean,friendly helpful staff,warm delicious breakfast,free wifi plus parking facilities on the premises.Nothing to fault for the duration of our stay.Would stay there again and recommend it to friends.

Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 23 December 2012

Went to Brugge this year for our annual jaunt to a Xmas market with Eurostar, the first hotel I went for the Arragon was fully booked and was offered the OUD HUIS DE PEELLAERT and what a find, the hotel is about 200mtrs from the centre so was in the perfect location for the Xmas market and the restaraunts.
When you enter it's like entering a staetley home, and even inside it's like being on the set of Downton Abbey what I am saying is, it's spectacular inside.
We checked in and the staff are very polite and friendly. the room was themed in keeping with the rest of the hotel, a good size room very new looking and clean and a very large bed perfect,and a very nice bathroom.Before we went out we had a drink at the bar and what a chilling out place it is, if you look on their web site and see the photos you will see what I mean.The breakfast room is large and airy and with plenty of room,and of course a very good continental breakfast choice.
All on all a very pleasant and relaxing experience.Would certainly stay again if I re visit Brugge.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 December 2012

I stayed in this hotel as everything else was booked. I usually do not stay at this level of hotel but decided to go for it.
the common rooms of hte hotel, the breakfast room, its service and food was excellent and lovely. the room was not large but certainly large enough and in a renovated palace to expect large north american style bedrooms is not feasible.
the service at the front desk ranged from very helpful to a little perfunctory.
everything was decorated for Christmas and was calm and beautiful.

Room Tip: on a quiet street I expect all the rooms are lovely.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 December 2012

After much research on various hotels I decided to stay at Oud Huis de Peelaert on a recent trip to Bruges. We were not disappointed! I was travelling with my mum and 3 year old daughter and we were promptly upgraded to a Deluxe room upon arrival. The room was extremely spacious with high ceilings and a huge bathroom complete with shower and bath. The L'Occitane toiletries were a great touch.

The bed was extremely comfortable and a cot was provided for my daughter. Although our room overlooked the street and the Youth Hostel opposite, the hotel has gone to great lengths to ensure that the noise is kept to an absolute minimum by providing triple glazed windows. This is definitely effective as the room was very quiet (I also think this has a lot to do with the season, summertime may be a different experience when people are outdoors more). The rooms are elegantly furnished with traditional pieces.

The breakfast was way beyond expectation. Fruits, Cereals, cold meats and cheeses, pastries and even bacon and eggs! The dining area is fantastically spacious and we never had to queue for the buffet.

The location of hotel is good. It is a 5 minute walk from the main square and the Town Hall. There is also a lovely Italian restaurant very conveniently located directly opposite and this was a good option for dinner.

I found the staff at the hotel very friendly and helpful. My only criticism would be the housekeeping. On our second day we arrived back at our room at 2pm so my daughter could take a nap and our room had not been cleaned yet. The housekeeper arrived at 3pm but since my daughter was sleeping we asked her to return later. When I asked at reception at 4pm if our room could now be cleaned we were told the cleaner had already gone home! Luckily this information was not correct and our room was cleaned shortly afterwards.

Overall a lovely experience and I would definitely return to the hotel.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 108 which was very spacious although the bathroom is equipped for the disabled.
Reviewed 14 December 2012 via mobile

Stayed here 10th to 14th December. Excellent hotel in every way. Perfect for access to the centre of town. Fantastic breakfast. Beautiful comfortable air conditioned room, lovely en suite with a bath. Warm and welcoming, friendly helpful staff. Highly recommended.

• Stayed: December 2012
Reviewed 12 December 2012

We recently stayed at the Oud Huis de Peellaert for our annual Christmas break and enjoyed every minute of it , the Hotel is situated close to the centre of Bruges within walking distance of all the main attractions, it is traditional with good quality furnishings classical piped music and an excellent Breakfast room with breakfast to match which is overlooking a small courtyard, the rooms although tasteful we found ours 115 to be small and it was classed as a garden room but unfortunalty over looked the car park with no garden to be found never the less it was still very quiet, with LOccitane bath products, so the view was bearable .
The service and professionalism of the staff was impeccable especially Maria who catered for our every need, the only criticism that I would have is that there was not enough staff and the staff that were there were turning there hands to everything so well done to them…. Would we stay again? Yes.

Reviewed 7 December 2012

This was the second time in a few years my wife and I have stayed at this central Bruges hotel.We booked it on the strength of our initial trip and the standard was even better.Our room was immaculate,the breakfast selection was very good-and taste- and staff were welcoming and professional.
The lovely lounges and bar are there to be enjoyed and the ambience is great.

Bruges is a fine City.This hotel will enhance your visit there.

[Nothing to do with the hotel but the Christmas Market was a big disappointment.No atmosphere at all!]

Room Tip: I read it can be noisy on the front.We were in the back -perfect!